WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 50): The Conjuring 40.3M | Warcraft 24M | NYSM 23M| TMNT 14.8M | X-Men 10M | Me Before You 9.2M

4 hours ago, The Pandaren said:

Yes, you do want to watch Warcraft right now.  Everyone secretly does.  It's the crowd pleaser of a lifetime.

It'll be easy to watch now that an HD copy is available online. Piracy is meaningless and has no effect on the box office, right? :lol:

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Talkie said:

It'll be easy to watch now that an HD copy is available online. Piracy is meaningless and has no effect on the box office, right? :lol:

What?  Pirated already?  This must be the sole cause of the underperformance so far.  If it weren't for that we would have been seeing an easy 25m OD.  

Thankfully, WOM will get out and people will know they must pay to support a movie as great as this one. 

Warcraft 2 will most definitely increase on T2 scale.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rentaro1989 said:

Nah not really.If Warcraft was made for warcraft nerds only it would open 45-50 mil in USA.But dont expect a movie to perform when sites brake critic embargo do give it a 0.Aye the first review was  a 0 that was whining about why  Orcs dont wear T-shirts.

THat being said it is 1 thing to  make a stupid critic,but beileving it takes u to another lvl of stupidity.THere is a certain area in the planet with a lot of sheeps

Whatchumean?

Any evidence this is getting a better and broader reception than what I'm suggesting?

• Like 1

Starting checking out Warcraft; got about 10-15 min in and was, like, meh and turned it off. Never played the game so I just don't care. 

Oh well, maybe I'll give it another try some time later down the road. 

• Like 1

Well, someone I know found a rip and just told me they thought Warcraft was trash.  So a ringing endorsement there. :D

I don't intend to watch a rip  and I'm not gonna pay to watch it in the theater so I won't personally know until it's on netflix or a friend owns it.

1 hour ago, The Pandaren said:

What?  Pirated already?  This must be the sole cause of the underperformance so far.  If it weren't for that we would have been seeing an easy 25m OD.  

Thankfully, WOM will get out and people will know they must pay to support a movie as great as this one. 

The copy I found had to have been posted by someone in the distribution chain. It's damn near pristine, has Chinese subtitles and definitely was ripped from a DVD. Other movies are on the same site in somewhat better quality but Warcraft is quite watchable. I suspect that a translation service or state agency has dedicated pirates with access to major Hollywood films. The few Chinese productions that made it onto the site were pulled down rather fast.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rman823 said:

As much as I love Wan I would rather have James Cameron.aquaman_entourage_nosologeeks.jpg

I can't tell if wooden block Jason Momoa is better than wooden block Vincent Chase tho..

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I can't tell if wooden block Jason Momoa is better than wooden block Vincent Chase tho..

Guess it depends on if you want your dudebro in nu metal or fratboy flavor.

Found Conjuring 2 to be meh, but the attention to detail was great. I don't think this movie will have the legs of the first because of the extra 20 something minutes. It felt a bit long.

Now You See Me 2 was a major disappointment. I thought the first one was much better. The beginning was okay but it just fell apart, imo.

Seeing if Warcraft can save my weekend tomorrow.

Congrats to all the people who enjoyed these movies, though. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Pandaren said:

I don't think so. It looks so bad that I don't even want to watch it for free. It's just one of those movies like Gods Of Egypt, that I know will be a waste of time.