WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 96): Dory 73M | IDR 41M | CI 18.2M | Shallows 16.8M | Conjuring 7.7M | Jones 7.6M

39 minutes ago, Baumer said:

These numbers are my predictions, I don't have any real data to base it on.

I think that the ID4R prediction is too optimistic. Given that the (weak) Thursday previews were close to 1/4 of Friday's take, I don't see it increasing 25% over Friday proper today. 

For Dory, it looks like you just took Toy Story 3's Saturday bump and subtracted a couple percent from it to match Dory's slightly lower Friday bump. Seems reasonable, though I could see Saturday a bit higher. Your prediction would lead to the $74-75M opening that a lot of places are expecting.

The Shallows would need a bit over 20% bump over Friday to get to your Saturday number. I'm not sure how WOM will effect its box office this weekend, but I could see your guess being close.

Edited by kswiston
  • Like 1

Is Blake lively an under the radar movie star? With the shallows and Age of  Adaline becoming decent hits I'm starting to think so. I mean Shallows is Basically marketed  as "Blake Lively fights with a shark."

• Like 1

Blake Lively is more than capable of carrying a film as we have seen. It's just in the past she's chosen some roles that were questionable but I believe with The Age of Adaline and now The Shallows she will be offered more roles that fit her and in return will lead to box office success and as well as garner her some awards consideration. She should get consideration for her work in The Shallows in my opinion. 

But if you ask some people and some gossip girl fans it should be Leighton Meester who is the star because she's more "talented" and Blake is only famous because of her looks meanwhile I'm like I hope Blake keeps getting more successful so they can get more mad. 

Edited by Nova

2 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Is Lively not taken seriously because she's hot good looking and young?

That hasn't stopped several other actresses. She's not THAT young either at 29. I wonder if her parts in those Travelling pants films and in Gossip Girl lead to some of that. Green Lantern bombing when she was still brand new to the lead actress game probably didn't help either. 

5 minutes ago, kswiston said:

That hasn't stopped several other actresses. She's not THAT young either at 29. I wonder if her parts in those Travelling pants films and in Gossip Girl lead to some of that. Green Lantern bombing when she was still brand new to the lead actress game probably didn't help either. 

People don't take her seriously because they believe she doesn't have talent and is only cast because of her looks. That's why after this movie came out you see a lot of critics who are saying it's time to start actually treating her like a legit actress because she's always been good just not picked the right roles.