CJohn

Ralph Breaks the Internet | Rich Moore / Phil Johnston | 21st November, 2018

2 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Since Tangled :

WDAS > Pixar

I'd say Coco and Inside Out are the exception to that rule, but yeah mostly agree.

Zootopia, Moana, Tangled and Frozen are all fantastic to me.

• Like 2

This looks great. Like how they acknowledged Ralph Wrecks the Internet sounds better and the princesss bit was hilarious.

Might have a five day around Frozen if things work out well. It and Grinch will have an interesting competition on which one is bigger. I sadly think Grinch might due to Illuminati’s marketing power but still.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AJG said:

Also, obligatory 

Tangled > Frozen

5 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

This is true. But to add Tangled > Moana > Frozen

In this house

Tangled = Frozen = Moana

• Like 1

That trailer doesn't even begin to show how funny the princess scene is.  I don't want to overstate it, but the full scene was the absolute best thing shown at Cinema-Con, and there were some great things shown there.  

• Like 3
  • Astonished 2

2 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

That trailer doesn't even begin to show how funny the princess scene is.  I don't want to overstate it, but the full scene was the absolute best thing shown at Cinema-Con, and there were some great things shown there.  

Any thoughts box office wise?

• Like 1

With the recent Disney animated movies the trailers tend to avoid giving away too many plot details, but whereas the marketing for previous movies like Frozen and Moana has somewhat misrepresented the tone and relied on too much slapstick humor, this seems to be wisely following the Zootopia model of relying on one or two killer extended comedic moments (the bunny gag in the teaser and the princess scene in this one) which appeal to both kids and parents.

12 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

This is true. But to add Tangled > Moana > Frozen

Wrong 

Moana > Tangled > Frozen

(I’ve had the sudden realisation that I’m a grown man arguing about princess movies on the internet)

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I am very surprised that man joke was left in the trailer but it was hysterical. The rest of the film may suck yet I will not care so long as all of the princesses footage from this latest trailer makes it into the film. Golden does not even begin to describe how good it is. This film deserves to be a $300M blockbuster.

Just now, AJG said:

Wrong 

Moana > Tangled > Frozen

(I’ve had the sudden realisation that I’m a grown man arguing about princess movies on the internet)

You have Frozen being in last right if it’s any consolation.

• Like 1