MinaTakla

Weekend Thread | Bourne 60M, Trek 24M, Bad Moms 23.4M, Pets 18.2M

3 minutes ago, babz06 said:

comedy is Mila's sweet spot. Jupiter Ascending wasn't her thing, this is just proof that studios should put her in more comedy vehicles. 

Jupiter Ascending wasn't anyone's thing.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, babz06 said:

comedy is Mila's sweet spot. Jupiter Ascending wasn't her thing, this is just proof that studios should put her in more comedy vehicles. 

Probably. I really liked Oz, but she definitely stood out as very much miscast in it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, trifle said:

Me too.  People like both of them, but a lot of the buzz is the two of them together.  People want to see it.

I'm expecting great things come Thursday. If Sony uses some of those shots from the leaked sizzle reel... 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JennaJ said:

I'm expecting great things come Thursday. If Sony uses some of those shots from the leaked sizzle reel... 

giphy.gif

:excited:

I don't see why they wouldn't, since those are already 'out there', but I expect new stuff too.

Edited by trifle

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

So you're proving my point basically. It's not so much that Leo is this major draw on his own, it's that he takes the right kinds of roles 90% of the time. Again, Denzel makes B movies into 100m successes. When will Leo? 

Bro...most Denzel movies don't make 100mil. 

Not sure if this was posted (if it was, sorry):

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/jason-bourne-box-office-matt-damon-bad-moms-1201826675/

Jason Bourne” is heading for a $55 million opening weekend at the domestic box office while “Bad Moms” is generating as much as $35 million, early estimates showed Friday.

Universal’s actioner is performing slightly above forecasts with an opening day taking in about $20 million at 4,026 sites, while STX’s “Bad Moms” will earn as much as $12 million on Friday at 3,215 locations.

Lionsgate’s thriller “Nerve,” which opened Wednesday, will gross an estimated $3 million on Friday at 2,538 theaters for a weekend of up to $9 million and a five-day total of about $15 million.

Peace,
Mike

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

Maybe Jason Bourne can go on a special assignment on the West Coast and locate the missing dilithium crystals that Star Trek was supposed to get a boost from last friday. 

22.5-24.5m worth, BM 11-12, STD 6-7,Ner 3

• Like 26

34 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

Bro...most Denzel movies don't make 100mil. 

4 out 6 of Denzel's last 6 movies crossed 100 m if you adjust for inflation.

Good luck finding another actor/actress with a better track record carrying movies past the century mark.

• Like 1

Just now, Matrix4You said:

all this talk about celebrities opening a movie.  What about Matt Damon?  He just opened a movie past 60 this weekend.  All eyes on Kevin Spacey's Nine Lives next week!

:WHATanabe:

That movie is his most iconic iconic

We'll talk about his drawing power when The Great Wall opens over 40M :ph34r:

Breakout hit of the summer is Bad Moms. We have 1 female centric comedy that does it every year. This was the one destined to.

STB is a giant flop.

JB is doing pretty good as expected. People were starving for an old school action flick with a well known lead. Should be a good money maker as the production budget is only 120 million.

Next week is going to be exciting....expecting many records to tumble 

Edited by marveldcfox
  • Like 1