CJohn

WEEKEND THREAD | Official Estimates: Madea - 27.6M; JR 2 - 23M; Ouija 2 - 14M; Accountant - 14m; Joneses - 5.6M

3 hours ago, RichWS said:

Boss came up to me today and randomly asked, "Isn't Tom Cruise getting too old for the action hero crap?" Being a wimp, I mumbled a half-hearted agreement while knowing inside my boss is a fucking dunce. 

Tom Cruise will be an action hero when he's 80.

That's not a joke.

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

As great as Cruise is as an action star, I do think he should branch out and do something different, American Made from the premise sounds promising and different from the action films he's done in the last five years

Every time I've seen a preview for Jack Reacher it looks like another Mission Impossible. The Paramount logo doesn't help. 

15 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

As great as Cruise is as an action star, I do think he should branch out and do something different, American Made from the premise sounds promising and different from the action films he's done in the last five years

He's probably taking advantage of the short shelf life being an action star has and will do more serious roles when he's in his 60s.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

He's probably taking advantage of the short shelf life being an action star has and will do more serious roles when he's in his 60s.

I really want him to do more roles like Les Grossman and Stacee Jaxx which were so out of character for him that they worked, he can be funny as evident in Mission Impossible and Knight and Day so I'm surprised no director has approached him to do a more mainstream comedy. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

My stepmom went to see Boo tonight and said it was hilarious and the whole theater laughed throughout the whole thing. She's already planning to see it again. I think it could leg its way to 50 million especially with Halloween coming up. You may not like his movies but Tyler Perry knows his audience.