Dementeleus

Monday Numbers, Dec 19 | R1 17.596M

20 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Disney will become so powerful at some point that they'll overthrow the government and control the country. And the villagers will rejoice about it.

Disney will start their own country some day. They'll charge us to live there and we'll gladly pay.

Edited by eddyxx
  • Like 2

By the way, Deadline stated, that RO does not have too many sales for CD. They are right, but this is due to the fact, that those tickets weren't on sale in many theaters. The big arclights don't even have it on sale now, smaller ones seem to just have opend them and thatfor have barely any tickets sold so far.

So this means nothing at this point I guess. 

Edited by Poseidon
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Poseidon said:

By the way, Deadline stated, that RO does not have too many sales for CD. They are right, but this is due to the fact, that those tickets weren't on sale in many theaters. The big arclights don't even have it on sale now, smaller ones seem to just have opend them and thatfor have barely no tickets sold so far.

So this means nothing at this point I guess. 

I'm gonna say that is an exception.  We were required to post times for 3 prints for 3 weeks, I'm sure most of the country was the same.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Well, all Event-Movies in December, and this is going back to the Lord of the rings-times, show, that those movies, Hobbit, TFA, LoTR had considerably lower bumpsmon CD than all of the other movies that day. I don't see, why RO should behave different.  

Generally speaking: I'd look not too focused to/on older films, even if under 10 years back.

The weekday patterns changed too much based on the cheap Tuesday =  it is a rather new 'thing', especially in how strong it is spread and still spreading (snowball to avalanche - cause and futire... I thonk you will get the drift)

Generally 2: nothing is set in stone, or there would be no fun for all the prediction fans ;) 

which kind of films where in the weeks before (which genre is saturated and whoch not), around the same time , weather, holidays, sports events, traditions, money, crisis (no falling towers after 9/11), so many things play into it.

Including mass boycott (or so they hope) = in general even a possibility, who knows the future (I hope not)

8 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

I will add another reason to not use Wednesday. Take a look at the number of movies that have opened on a Wednesday:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/days/f-th.htm?page=Wed&sort=daysinrelease&order=ASC&p=.htm

Thats also true, I overlooked that and that's probably a bigger reason than the ones I mentioned.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ThePanda A Star Wars Story said:

Thats also true, I overlooked that and that's probably a bigger reason than the ones I mentioned.

Yeah, if you look at Tuesday in the same chart...the only releases seem to be July 4th and Christmas, whereas there are plenty of random Wednesday openings without a national holiday.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/days/f-th.htm?page=Tue&sort=daysinrelease&order=ASC&p=.htm

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rallax said:

I'm gonna say that is an exception.  We were required to post times for 3 prints for 3 weeks, I'm sure most of the country was the same.

Countryside Germany = one per day (always at 8 in the evening) = exception the midnight Wednesday to Thursday 'preview' (we start there Thursdays)

During the atypical pre-release pre-sale days, the latest possible day to pre-buy was tomorrow's Wednesday

big city = way more times of dates.

. Sing is projected to take in at least $65 million and $75 million for the Wednesday to Monday stretch (with Christmas falling on a Sunday this year, Monday is an official holiday so tracking services are putting out six-day estimates)

Passengers, the high-profile sci-fi adventure starring Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt, is projected to post an opening of $45 to $50 million for the six days, although Sony is being more conservative with a $35 million-plus estimate.

Assassin's Creed ... is predicted to earn $30 million to $35 million for the six days, but it could come in ahead of expectations if fans of the video game come in force. 

On Friday,  Why Him? nationwide. ... is tracking to earn $10 million to $13 million for the four-day weekend

link to THR

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 6

Wow, nice hold.  Star Wars movies aren't traditionally frontloaded either and get past 3x's in their sleep.   I don't see how anything else isn't icing on the cake at this point.   Even with the competition coming up I think 400 Million is definitely a lock Putting it up there in "A New Hope, Menace and Awakens" territory.   The spin-off is performing like an Episode which is great for future side Star Wars stories if done right.   Again Star Wars is re-writing December Box Office.  It's crazy to think what it will do once it's back in the Summertime, lol.   Nothing coming out in the next week is really going to be a threat and the movie will take advantage of Christmas and New Years holiday.   But about 18 Monday is a good number. 

AI recall, TFA pre-sales lied heavily on 1st day of release and christmas day, while R1 doesn't have much CD sales, this was due to marketing, in the early trailer of TFA, they keep mentioning "This christmas", leading a lot of general public to "believe" that the 1st day of release was CD, hence making pre-sales were go to CD 

21 minutes ago, filmscholar said:

Wow, nice hold.  Star Wars movies aren't traditionally frontloaded either and get past 3x's in their sleep.  

Sith would have been under a 3.0 multiplier if it opened on a Friday. Probably would have opened in the 130's. Just compare its opening day (on a Thursday with school in session) with the performance of Dead Man's Chest (Friday in July).

December release with good WOM should have no problem breaking 3.0 multiplier and that should happen easily for Rogue One.

Edited by redfirebird2008

Great number for Rogue One to start the Christmas season onslaught.

This will be an interesting Christmas season to follow with Christmas Eve/Christmas on a Sat/Sun and the same with New Years Eve/New Years

Some deflated weekend totals to go with ridiculous weekday numbers.

• Like 3

Of note, and this is why I brought all of this up, Sherlock Holmes 2 and Alvin 3 (Mission: Impossible 4 had an IMAX sneak before going wide on Wednesday) had better “second Mon-Thurs” grosses than they did “first Mon-Thurs” grosses, since those second weeks of theatrical play came about when all the kids were out of school. We shouldn’t panic if Rogue One’s first few weekdays are not out-of-this-world because they might be (relatively speaking) next week.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/12/20/star-wars-box-office-rogue-one-nabs-okay-17-7m-monday-for-323-5m-worldwide-cume/#24f1085b1e32

• Like 2

Pos.1 is marked green in case that will be lost = estimate.

posted for the average and %

Daily Domestic Chart for Monday December 19th, 2016

← Previous Chart Chart Index  

Movie Distributor Gross Change Thtrs. Per Thtr. Total Gross Days
1 (1) Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Walt Disney $17,700,000 -53% 4,157 $4,258   $172,781,681 4
- (-) Miss Sloane EuropaCorp $81,215 -39% 1,463 $56   $3,269,406 25
- (-) Shut In EuropaCorp $4,610 -42% 78 $59   $6,869,259 39

• Like 1

Just got news today that the problem my dad was having, which we all thought was bone cancer (even the dentist told him so), was just a lesion caused by an infection he had when younger, the tests revealed.

Holy shit, the relief   :sweat:   :sweat: 

14567156.gif

Now for those weekly numbers tonight, tomorrow, this week-end... my body is ready, BRING 'EM ON!! FULL FORCE! :sarah:

• Like 31

Theatrical Performance
Domestic Box Office $172,781,681 Details
International Box Office $150,800,000 Details
Worldwide Box Office $323,581,681

(grrr, the gave a link for the new number without updating complete, I hope the edit will not look too extreme)

.... Rogue One domestic estimates for Dec 19, 2016 are $17.7m/172.7m and international estimates at $15.8m/$150.8m...

Lion           Weinstein Co.          $18,544        -59%     16   $1,159   $722,129

Edited by terrestrial

6 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

Just got news today that the problem my dad was having, which we all thought was bone cancer (even the dentist told him so), was just a lesion caused by an infection he had when younger, the tests revealed.

Holy shit, the relief   :sweat:   :sweat: 

14567156.gif

Now for those weekly numbers tonight, tomorrow, this week-end... my body is ready, BRING 'EM ON!! FULL FORCE! :sarah:

I am relieved and I don't even know any of you!

• Like 4