John Marston

Wednesday Box Office - (Asgard pg 17) R1 about 15, Sing 11, Ass 4.5, Pass 4.1, Moana 2.2

1 hour ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

I confess I'm much less familiar with how Disney movies are marketed overseas... but I guess I should include the caveat that I'm also not 100% that Disney itself does all the OS marketing. There may be some variation from territory to territory -- if anyone knows I could use the clarification. 

Disney's marketing team is an absolute disaster here. Movies are sold on 5 seconds TV spots which show nothing and are awful. Star Wars, Fairytales and MCU all miss their true potential here because the team is a gigantic disaster.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, CelestialFairyIX said:

I've never been more pissed at Disney's marketing until I witnessed what they did to Moana.  If only Disney's marketing team was even 1/25 as smart as Illumination's Moana could have done better OVERSEAS and domestically.  Maybe even hit $300 million.  

Illumination has ony one consolidated brand (Minions) and 1/2 new products each year.

Disney has the three biggest brand now in the world (SW, Frozen, Marvel), dozens of other consolidated brands and pratically one new product each month.

• Like 1

Just now, La Binoche said:

ARRIVAL 

First day: $9.3M 

2,300 screens 

PASSENGERS (with the two biggest stars in the world) 

First two days: $7M 

3,400 screens 

H1NG00q.gif

The YouTube trailer views were onto something, albeit on a smaller scale. Arrival and Passengers had very close trailer views. The scathing reviews undoubtedly hurt it as well.

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Pathetic numbers for Passengers and Assassin's Creed. If I were Sony, FOX and Ubisoft I would disavow the movies immediately. 

Lionsgate feels insulted by you leaving them out. Oh wait, they're having hits right now, never mind.

24 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Man trapped on a space ship with unlimited booze and Jennifer Lawrence...

Why would men be attracted to that premise? 

MTQzMDAwODI0MTgyNzQ0Mjcw.png#

Can't imagine why males want to see a film, where formerly a bit chubby Pratt gets to get his hands... in the place of the ... we call it Jedermann (the everyday man, the normal living/ average man)

:ph34r:

:D

• Like 1