John Marston

Wednesday Box Office - (Asgard pg 17) R1 about 15, Sing 11, Ass 4.5, Pass 4.1, Moana 2.2

The deal with Disney is that they don't really care about the movies, the way the sell SW/Marvel/Frozen is through merchandising, so every poster or TV ad is released to sell toys (and they definitely are better at that than everyone else)

Look at the GOTG2 trailer, that's basically a huge Baby Groot ad which happens to be in a future billion grossing movie 

You can hardly say that the marketing for Moana or even Zootopia / The Jungle Book were great. At most they were standard (Moana's was criminal, tbh) 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Disney's marketing team is an absolute disaster here. Movies are sold on 5 seconds TV spots which show nothing and are awful. Star Wars, Fairytales and MCU all miss their true potential here because the team is a gigantic disaster.

You're managed by the Disney branch in Madrid. They just don't care about Portugal I guess. :P

I think Disney properties perform as expected in Spain, given the idiosyncrasies of this market. I.e. young males don't go much to the movies anymore which hurts the MCU and to an extent SW. I suspect it might be the same in Portugal, since we're culturally very close.

10 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Lionsgate feels insulted by you leaving them out. Oh wait, they're having hits right now, never mind.

Where are those "hits" you are talking about? The Madea movie? Lol. LLL still needs to pass a lot of tests before we can call it a hit. Lionsgate is absolutely fucking up massively the expansions plan.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Celedhring said:

You're managed by the Disney branch in Madrid. They just don't care about Portugal I guess. :P

I think Disney properties perform as expected in Spain, given the idiosyncrasies of this market. I.e. young males don't go much to the movies anymore which hurts the MCU and to an extent SW. I suspect it might be the same in Portugal, since we're culturally very close.

DCEU kills MCU here. Rogue One got wrecked by Fantastic Beasts. The Jungle Book only did a bit more than The Legend of Tarzan. They are just bad at their job here. No excuses.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Where are those "hits" you are talking about? The Madea movie? Lol. LLL still needs to pass a lot of tests before we can call it a hit. Lionsgate is absolutely fucking up massively the expansions plan.

By the time that expansion happens it'll be racking up the wins so sorry.

Just now, filmlover said:

By the time that expansion happens it'll be racking up the wins so sorry.

I will be here to see all that money. And the money coming from Patriot's Day, John Wick 2 and Power Rangers too. Yes, I am sure they will get it just right for all of them :lol: 

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

Huppert in Assassin's Creed 2.

Can't wait for the Assassin's Creed/Hitman crossover, in which Fox takes their terrible video game movies and combines them into one.

Starring Fassbender's cock, some bald guy to play Hitman, Isabelle Huppert, and Alicia Vikander to lead into the Tomb Raider sequel/crossover.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Can't wait for the Assassin's Creed/Hitman crossover, in which Fox takes their terrible video game movies and combines them into one.

Starring Fassbender's cock, some bald guy to play Hitman, Isabelle Huppert, and Alicia Vikander to lead into the Tomb Raider sequel/crossover.

You forget Bulletproof Spock

• Like 1