grim22

Black Adam | October 21, 2022 | New Line | Don't worry, it's a hit. Dwayne Johnson says so!

RT critics worship a film simply for effort and ambition. The Batman is a good but highly flawed, imperfect film but RT calls it "one of the best comic book films of all time".

Anything mid 50s for this type of film = success. 

• Like 1

So Deadline today is projecting a 60m OW, and BoxOfficePro is the same basically with a 55m-65m range.

Shazam opened to 53m, and I’d wager in the end it cost half as much as Black Adam.

There would be little to celebrate with a $60m OW, but if this opens in range of Shazam, that would be a cataclysmic embarrassment for The Rock.

Edited by OncomingStorm93
  • Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

3 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

So Deadline today is projecting a 60m OW, and BoxOfficePro is the same basically with a 55m-65m range.

Shazam opened to 53m, and I’d wager in the end it cost half as much as Black Adam.

There would be little to celebrate with a $60m OW, but if this opens in range of Shazam, that would be a cataclysmic embarrassment for The Rock.

let's see how it does overseas.

7 hours ago, Menor Reborn said:

Ehh...the tone of most of these is worse than Aquaman imo. Plus nothing in the marketing or reviews has really suggested that the action is as good as Aquaman. 

Not to mention this lacks the visual wow-factor that made Aquaman a must-see on the big screen.

Edited by Fielding
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, cax16 said:

People really hate the rock

For me, its the combo of his personal overexposure (he has a freaking sitcom about his youth, and he also plays himself running for President in the future. C'mon, that's all too much), and choice in projects (widely entertaining but hardly groundbreaking blockbusters on a conveyor belt). I used to like him generally, but the burnout is real.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

WTF. What were they smoking. WW84 gotta be worst CBM I have seen. Granted I don't watch stuff like Morbius, New Mutants.

o·pin·ion
/əˈpinyən/

noun
  1. a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Nikostar said:

Should have gotten Ryan Coogler to do this. He is a fan of Black Adam.

He was kinda busy... (I could make an insult about Black Adam's title here, but...)

8 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

This movie being a dud also means Man of Steel 2 is probably headed straight back to development hell. At this point that Black Superman movie Hamada was backing might actually be a more financially sound idea.

There was never a Man of Steel 2, there never has been, and there still isn't.  I don't know where people get the idea that there is.  If there actually was, we'd surely be hearing about it in the trades.  

Loving all the hot takes here since reviews emerged (and loving the review headlines). 

Stopped by for these, wasn't disappointed.  😁

And yes, WW84 is pretty, pretty bad.  Worse than Aquaman by leagues, I'd say -- at least that movie had some stunning visuals to counter it's ludicrous script.  I will probably never watch either ever again (nor ZSJL, which I just finally, painfully sat through), but if put in a room and forced to pick one...it's Aquabro everytime.  

Edited by Macleod

4 minutes ago, Macleod said:

He was kinda busy... (I could make an insult about Black Adam's title here, but...)

There was never a Man of Steel 2, there never has been, and there still isn't.  I don't know where people get the idea that there is.  If there actually was, we'd surely be hearing about it in the trades.  

Loving all the hot takes here since reviews emerged (and loving the review headlines). 

Stopped by for these, wasn't disappointed.  😁

And yes, WW84 is pretty, pretty bad.  Worse than Aquaman by leagues, I'd say -- at least that movie had some stunning visuals to counter it's ludicrous script.  I will probably never watch either ever again (nor ZSJL, which I just finally, painfully sat through), but if put in a room and forced to pick one...it's Aquabro everytime.  

Trades reported on Man of Steel 2 yesterday.