FilmBuff

Oscars Live Stream

Sound editing I doubt La La Land will win though. It is the only live action musical to have ever even been nominated in that category! (To be fair though, the category didn't exist in the age of musicals, or in the case of the mid-late 60s there were just usually 2 nominations)

I see either Hacksaw or Arrival winning that.

I remember being upset that Chicago won sound mixing-of course I didn't quite know the history of musicals in that category at the time.

In all honesty-the Oscars seem kind of boring this year now. Due to a apparent sweep.
On a interesting note-if La La Land wins 11 Oscars it will be the only film to win that many not to win visuals! (I'm more interested in the visual effects race then the main ones...)

does anyone think both La La Land songs will split votes and Moana will win for best Song?

I wonder if there is a clear front runner for best actress because Amy Adams did not make it in?  Like, the way the voting went, there is a predetermined result hidden that we need to unlock?? some sort of trend.

I just saw the nominated Hungarian live action short, Mindenki (/Sing (which means "Everyone" in English, not sure why they changed it). I've never seen any short films from this category but I really loved this. A heartwarming tale of empathy and friendship in only 25 minutes. Check it out if you have the opportunity.

Trailer:

http://www.imdb.com/video/wab/vi953660441

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 4:52 AM, CoolioD1 said:

Homestly I kinda think la la Land could win sound editing even though musicals never win there. Usually the branch stops them from a nomination but i wonder how much the academy at large can even tell the difference.

No musical has ever won in that category because no musical has ever been nominated there!  So there really is no comparison.

The list of presenters for the 89th Academy Awards....

LEONARDO DICAPRIO
BRIE LARSON
MARK RYLANCE
ALICIA VIKANDER
HALLE BERRY
SHIRLEY MACLAINE
SAMUEL L. JACKSON
HAILEE STEINFELD
CHRIS EVANS
KATE MCKINNON
DAKOTA JOHNSON
JAMIE DORNAN
GAEL BERNAL GARCÍA
SCARLETT JOHANSSON
AMY ADAMS
RIZ AHMED
JAVIER BARDEM
JOHN CHO
DWAYNE JOHNSON
FELICITY JONES
LESLIE MANN
JANELLE MONÁE
DAVID OYELOWO
EMMA STONE
CHARLIZE THERON

1 minute ago, Incarnadine said:

The list of presenters for the 89th Academy Awards....

LEONARDO DICAPRIO
BRIE LARSON
MARK RYLANCE
ALICIA VIKANDER
HALLE BERRY
SHIRLEY MACLAINE
SAMUEL L. JACKSON
HAILEE STEINFELD
CHRIS EVANS
KATE MCKINNON
DAKOTA JOHNSON
JAMIE DORNAN
GAEL BERNAL GARCÍA
SCARLETT JOHANSSON
AMY ADAMS
RIZ AHMED
JAVIER BARDEM
JOHN CHO
DWAYNE JOHNSON
FELICITY JONES
LESLIE MANN
JANELLE MONÁE
DAVID OYELOWO
EMMA STONE
CHARLIZE THERON

Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway will be presenting Best Picture.

1 hour ago, Incarnadine said:

I wish the list had who will be presenting what, I'm really hoping Brie Larson presents Best Actress, Emma and Brie are both so adorable.

21e4ea533133106.jpg

Leo will be presenting Best Actress while Brie will be presenting Best Actor. Gotta uphold that Oscars tradition.