kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

"Why aren't we preselling Dr Strange at our location?"

"Well, you see, we want to prioritize the films we are currently promoting in order to maximize blah blah blah"

"Ah... so, we are prioritizing THE BAD GUYS and THE NORTHMAN over THE FREAKING MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS????@?!?!?"

*sees presales today, fumes with anger

Edited by DAJK
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • ...wtf 2

Yeah there was no rush to book tickets for this in the UK, similar to The Batman. Was able to just get the usual seats despite tickets being on sale all day. 

I also concur with seeing the first 3D showings pop up since Rise of Skywalker. They're splitting the IMAX showings 50/50 between 2D and 3D, with a handful of regular screen 3D showings scattered about at my local. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tarintino said:

How much has inflation gone up since 2019? Domestically speaking?

Very high teens or very low twenties , difficult to be exact but that seems to be the range

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Tarintino said:

How much has inflation gone up since 2019? Domestically speaking?

As of Q4 2021, AMC’s average ticket price is up about 16.5% over Q4 2019. It’s up about 17.6% over the average when Endgame was released. Ticket prices were fairly stagnant for a 3-4 year period but have jumped in the last 12 months

• Like 1

10 hours ago, eddyxx said:

I wonder if people who haven’t seen Wandavision will be confused on some aspects of Wanda’s storyline?

I am sure there will be some kind of synoposis in the film. Feige is too smart not to do that.

2 hours ago, Sean B said:

How long after Doctor Strange: In The Multiverse of Madness is released to theaters can we expect it to be released on Disneyplus? Around 68-70 days after theatrical release perhaps?

I think Disney is waitng to see how it plays out with "The Batman" having such a short window.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DAJK said:

"Why aren't we preselling Dr Strange at our location?"

"Well, you see, we want to prioritize the films we are currently promoting in order to maximize blah blah blah"

"Ah... so, we are prioritizing THE BAD GUYS and THE NORTHMAN over THE FREAKING MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS????@?!?!?"

*sees presales today, fumes with anger

I mean I am prioritizing those two lol.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AnotherDayAnotherDollar said:

Same here. AMC sucks ass.

AMC managment sucks. That is why they have been on the verge of Bankrputcy for over 2 years;even before Covid they were on the brink.

If the mangement is no better this time around, they won't find any investors to bail them out, and over the  brink they go.

Edited by dudalb

7 hours ago, Brainbug said:

From Wikipedia:

The film continues Maximoff's "ownership of what makes her unique and the accountability of her life experience" that began in the series WandaVision (2021),[13] with an example of this being a return to an accent that is more true to her Sokovian heritage after some of the previous MCU films had moved to an Americanized version.

Which is a fancy way of saying that being so messed up in many ways is what makes Wanda such an interesting charecter.

It is significent that the accent came back in Wandavision right after she gained the powers of The Scarlet Witch.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SupermanLego said:

So NWH numbers in mexico for DS2 ?

NWH IS ALL TIME GROSSER dont think so should be at least top 7 though

my prediction is top 4 

(all in mxn obv)

01 1,591,000,000    Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021)

02 1,474,000,000    Avengers: Endgame (2019)

03 1,375,000,000    Toy Story 4 (2019)

04 1,141,000,000    Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
05 1,132,000,000    Coco (2017)

06    996,000,000    The Lion King (2019)

07    857,300,000    Joker (2019)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

The attitude implicit in this phrasing is just so funny

It's a serious question I posed, actually.  😁  But I suppose anyone who's willing to buy four tickets up front for this doesn't care what I'm asking.  

13 minutes ago, Macleod said:

It's a serious question I posed, actually.  😁  But I suppose anyone who's willing to buy four tickets up front for this doesn't care what I'm asking.  

How can it be serious? If you aren't going to like the next 3 showings you just refund them 😛

The biggest OW increases in MCU so far:

The Avengers = 161.9% of Iron Man 2 opening

Captain America: Civil War188.5% of The Winter Soldier opening

No Way Home = 281% of Far From Home (Friday-Sunday weekend)

First Doctor Strange ow is $85.06m. With Civil War's increase, Multiverse of Madness will open over $160m. With NWH $239m.

Edited by Juby
  • Thanks 1