kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

43 minutes ago, Eric Strange said:

There's no way people aren't tired of all this Marvel crap shoved in your face in the theaters and at home.

You know, I actually broadly agree with your point that I cut out of your post, though I lean more toward worrying about quality control from too many balls in the air than audience fatigue (though I do think that's a factor).  But I do think putting it this way... Hmmm...raises the hackles of people who might be inclined to agree with you or at least consider your points.

Just not really necessary on an otherwise really interesting point of discussion (how much should a film "need" a TV series to make [more] sense).

Just some constructive feedback from someone who shares some of the same outlook on this.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Eric Strange said:

There's no way people aren't tired of all this Marvel crap shoved in your face in the theaters and at home.

So ironic from someone who has direct evidence of how untired people are shoved in their face every night for like the past 3 weeks 😆

Edited by Illuminegion Confirmed
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Eric Strange said:

My dad hasn't seen any of the MCU shows (he says he'll watch them when the whole season is done, but he never does) but loves the movies and watches them all the time on cable. I still remember taking him to Black Widow and explaining during the entire car ride back home why Julia Louis-Dreyfus popped up in the end, what happened in Falcon and the Winter Soldier, and what the Hawkeye show he will never watch will be about. I'm taking him to this over the weekend, since he loves Doctor Strange, but having to explain everything that happened to WandaVision, a show I barely remember, just so he understands why Wanda's doing bad things will be legit torture.

I'm still unconvinced these shows won't cause accidental damage to the MCU in the near-future. There's no way people aren't tired of all this Marvel crap shoved in your face in the theaters and at home.

Most casual audiences will move on from their immediate confusion pretty quickly if they are being solidly entertained by the content.

• Like 3

I mean to get the wider and perhaps more fulfilled experience with Wanda's arc I'm sure watching WandaVision is ideal (how could it not be considering the arc she goes on in that show?) But I highly doubt you'll be lost if you haven't watched the show. Was there major backlash with Infinity War when it started right after Ragnarok ended?

• Like 3

Dunno, seems like an overall positive reception so far.

If its true that Marvel let Raimi loose and it has atleast some horror aspects, then

1) I will love this movie and it will probably easily be in my Top 3 Marvel movies by default

2) im excited to see the films legs after its huge opening, since it will be very interesting to see how the GA reacts to the movie.