kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

38 minutes ago, Andreas said:

Haven't read full-on negative reactions yet.

I expect this movie's scores (both on RT and MC) to be above Eternals'

Everyone keeps saying "oh man OW is gonna take a huge hit" but these are largely positive-with-flaws to very positive so far

5 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Everyone keeps saying "oh man OW is gonna take a huge hit" but these are largely positive-with-flaws to very positive so far

Not a huge hit but it will definitely take a hit relative to if the reviews were more universally positive (which was my expectation given the MCU track record), so naturally my prediction drops a bit. 

Btw there are quite a few negative reactions out, @Maggie was able to round some of them up. Still mostly positive for now, we'll see what that actually translates to in score soon enough. 

Edited by Menor Reborn

15 minutes ago, Illuminegion Confirmed said:

One Piece is the MCU of anime

"of manga" you mean.

The MCU is at least always enjoyable. The OP anime is not most of the time. (Which is sad, because I think the manga is the best piece of fiction ever)

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

Not a huge hit but it will definitely take a hit relative to if the reviews were more universally positive (which was my expectation given the MCU track record), so naturally my prediction drops a bit. 

Fwiw I knew the reactions would be like this when I sniped you 😂   

I think the Eternals reaction was fairly unique and as long as this doesn’t get a literal rotten there won’t be much earned media about it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Illuminegion Confirmed said:

Fwiw I knew the reactions would be like this when I sniped you 😂   

I think the Eternals reaction was fairly unique and as long as this doesn’t get a literal rotten there won’t be much earned media about it.

Yeah but it's more like the buzz won't boost the sales as much as it could.

7 minutes ago, Inuyaki said:

"of manga" you mean.

The MCU is at least always enjoyable. The OP anime is not most of the time. (Which is sad, because I think the manga is the best piece of fiction ever)

Wondered if somebody would bring this up, lol. Yeah the anime itself kinda sucks. More precisely I meant like “the MCU of narrative works which have an associated anime” but that’s more of a mouthful.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Loved it. What a treat, Raimi needs to make more of these. I had no idea what was going on story wise, but as a visual medium - great movie.

Quick question: when exactly does the Avatar 2 trailer play, if it was in your screening at all? Is it attached to the movie file itself and does it play right before it, or is it part of the trailers before the movie?

11 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Quick question: when exactly does the Avatar 2 trailer play, if it was in your screening at all? Is it attached to the movie file itself and does it play right before it, or is it part of the trailers before the movie?

It's not attached to the file, but Disney is requiring the following trailers in order.... Lightyear, Thor: Love and Thunder, Avatar 2

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

LOL that title. Reactions are nothing like Eternals which got about 60% "boring af" reactions and 40% "still processing" reactions. MoM got neither of that. It's called thrilling and people know exactly what they liked and what they didn't, none of that "processing" vague shit that they throw when they don't like something but are afraid to say it. 

MoM is exactly what they said it would be before Raimi joined in - a horror. Now it's Raimi horror so definitely a better thing than Derrikson horror. Not for everyone but as others said, MCU has to take risks to stay relevant. Frankly, I would be worried if this got unanimous praise cause that would mean cookie cutter. You can't do cookie cutter madness. 

Plus Olsen is praised so all is good in my book. Exactly what I expected. Bring on the boxoffice.

You remember it wrong. Eternals reaction were also overall positive with only a few straight up negative ones and several "its good but..." or nothingburgern like "this is gonna split fans/this is the most un-mcu mcu movie".

And people on this forum also started saying that reactions are actually good anyway.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Eternals first reactions were definitely positive

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/eternals-first-reactions-from-premiere-1235033330/amp/

Expect  this to be more well liked than Eternals though 

0 doubt. There no comparison beetwen Eternals and DS2 first reaction 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Eternals first reactions were definitely positive

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/eternals-first-reactions-from-premiere-1235033330/amp/

Expect  this to be more well liked than Eternals though 

They were but those were released earlier which tend to skew more positive. We'll see how this one stacks up soon enough.