kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

11 minutes ago, Eevin said:

kinda more excited after reading some of the reviews. i’m a big fan of wacky, messy creative departures in the mcu (gotg2 is my favorite of them all) so i think i’m gonna be all over this.

but also, no trademark formula = morbius WOM, thinking 150/300 as of rn:sarah:

I dont get the "messy" critique since every single Marvel movie is overlong, overloud, bloated, and features shoddy CG. Messy is their stamp. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

7 minutes ago, Flopped said:

I dont get the "messy" critique since every single Marvel movie is overlong, overloud, bloated, and features shoddy CG. Messy is their stamp. 

yeah i do think the idea that MoM has a flimsy script is kinda funny. like in comparison to what? even the best mcu movies were good in spite of/unrelated to their writing, not because of it

1 hour ago, Knights of Ren said:

I watched the first three episodes of Moon Knight this weekend and was bored out of my mind.  Wandavision and Hawkeye have been the only tv shows worth watching. 

Me and my buds got bored after the 3rd episode and we just started watching Lost.

2 hours ago, Valonqar said:

LMAO! Variety called Christine actress Jennifer Garner! I also forgot the actress name but I know for sure it ain't Jennifer Garner. :lol:

Rachel McAdams when she sees that review

3NIr.gif

3 hours ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

If a movie with 57 on mc gets an 88 on RT then its time to put and end to RTs sad existence 

Or people could learn how the tomatometer actually works.

4 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

It's not attached to the file, but Disney is requiring the following trailers in order.... Lightyear, Thor: Love and Thunder, Avatar 2

do you know if the special 35mm screenings (not the one at the New Bev) will have these attachments? I'm seeing it on Thurs in Chicago on 35mm, and if I don't get the Avatar 2 trailer (not really counting on it), I might catch it again on LieMax for it lol

2 hours ago, Menor Reborn said:

I didn't think WV was all that great either. Moon Knight has been solid so far but I think it'll be another one of those let down by its ending. 

But john is right to point out that WV did have pretty strong reception overall, as did Loki. 

The tv shows are basically doing the opposite of the movies. More time spent with characters between action beats, let’s the audience take a breath and get to know characters but flops the ending with a action battle they clearly don’t have the budget for. Loki was the only show that avoided this so far but for some reason people act like it wasn’t great now lol. The shows need more episodes but to drop the comic book battle finale. I know it’s super heroes but every marvel comic didn’t end with a battle. Embrace the comics, Feige. I just want to see the X-men play softball in a Disney plus series.

Edited by eddyxx

1 hour ago, Eevin said:

kinda more excited after reading some of the reviews. i’m a big fan of wacky, messy creative departures in the mcu (gotg2 is my favorite of them all) so i think i’m gonna be all over this.

but also, no trademark formula = morbius WOM, thinking 150/300 as of rn:sarah:

Morbius multiplier off 150 OW would get it to 288 (assuming Morbius makes it to 75MM).

The scripts for all of these are incomprehensible gibberish of objectives and MacGuffins, the best ones are the ones that don't give a shit about that stuff and try to do something with the filmmaking form of it all (both the GOTGs, Black Panther, Ragnarok, Shang Chi)

• Like 3
  • Knock It Off 1

33 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

The scripts for all of these are incomprehensible gibberish of objectives and MacGuffins, the best ones are the ones that don't give a shit about that stuff and try to do something with the filmmaking form of it all (both the GOTGs, Black Panther, Ragnarok, Shang Chi)

Am' I missing something? last time I checked GOTG was all about a macguffin.