CJohn

The Oscars 2017 on ABC | 89th Academy Awards | Discuss It Live Here | Super Sale to Honor the Steve Harvey moment! (p124)

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Hopefully it ends up like Brokeback Mountain or Social Network where it doesn't win but more people will remember it.

A movie about Gay Love becomes mainstream success.

Story about the social network of our times...

Story about two white people singing

Nah

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 3

I'm also kind of glad Moonlight won, just because it's a middle finger to Trump, and shockers are fun.  Plus I like that movie the more I think about it, I could see it rising to my 2nd or 3rd favorite of 2016 overtime.  It's a deserving movie.

I just feel bad for the La La Land people, harsh way to lose.

• Like 10

14 minutes ago, MrPink said:

The La La Land people took it well. Props to them for that

Yeah, they've handled it real well. Well, that guy did anyway.

Seriously, there's a million ways they could have made it much worse for themselves depending on how they reacted to it. You could see he was angry as hell but he was contained and he just did the best in that situation. Really well handled.

I feel bad for them all, real bad.

Oh regarding Moonlight, I guess I'll be watching that one sometime soon. It just got added to my project of watching every winner of the past decade or two.

• Like 5

• Community Manager
2 minutes ago, Merkel said:

Can you guys imagine how much more awkward it would've been if the Best Actress winner was from a movie that nobody expected to win Best Picture and somebody had to tell the underdogs off the stage?

If Natalie Portman had won...

"And the Best Picture goes too...Jackie!"

• Like 4

Really, I felt bad for Chazelle. He took it extremely well but you could definitely see the confusion on his face. What a total screw up on the show's part, but I'm glad now that both films will have people recognizing them.

• Like 1

Just now, filmlover said:

Well, we already saw what happened at the Miss Universe show or whatever that was where Steve Harvey announced the wrong winner.

She was the big favorite and the incumbent was from her country, also her cousin. Hardly an underdog (I swear I only know this shit because both are from my hometown)