franfar

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 | May 5, 2023 | The 9th most profitable film of 2023

I'm actually surprised he wants to come back. I would just give the middle finger to Disney and refuse. Let them find another director and sort out the mess they made themselves. I would assume he does it out of respect to the cast and fans of Guardians franchise. 

Edited by Essem

Just now, Essem said:

I'm actually surprised he wants to come back. I would just give the middle finger to Disney and refuse. I would assume he does it out of respect to the cast and fans of Guardians franchise. 

I would assume that being quite low (specially respect for the fans  !?), not have someone else mess with is baby (can you imagine GOTG 3 being better than yours how it would hurt), more than 20 millions dollars, the chance to finish is planned trilogy, etc...

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

In the end, the MAGA people only got him an extra job. Well done. They're just as stupid as their idol, lmao.

I forgot he got fired because of the MAGA crowd..with this and the big success of Captain Marvel Disney probably realized they're a powerless, worthless demographic group.

4 minutes ago, TMP said:

Gunn wrote a script for this. He can just start pre-prod/shooting as soon as Squad 2 press stuff is done

That is likely. But again, the Squad 2 production, post prod, any required pickups and press will go through at least October 2021 with Japan release normally being the last one. That is the earliest I can see filming begin on this.

• Like 1

YES! YES! YES! Gunn firing was one of the most bizarre and embarrassing things and he's rightfully reinstated though they shouldn't have fired him to begin with. I hope SS 2 turns out great so he cna handle both.

Also, wasn't Travis Knight in the mix? Disney must have seen Bumblebee and figured out he had no GOTG sensibility as I said already. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

That is likely. But again, the Squad 2 production, post prod, any required pickups and press will go through at least October 2021 with Japan release normally being the last one. That is the earliest I can see filming begin on this.

Damn, didn't know promo tours included all major territories; assumed that it was just the big ones that opened in close proximity to one another

14 minutes ago, Essem said:

I'm actually surprised he wants to come back. I would just give the middle finger to Disney and refuse. Let them find another director and sort out the mess they made themselves. I would assume he does it out of respect to the cast and fans of Guardians franchise. 

More likely, he just wants to work on a project he's interested in and excited about, as well as work with his friends and people he's close to. Simple as that

• Like 2