franfar

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 | May 5, 2023 | The 9th most profitable film of 2023

I am legit laughing at people who think Disney fired Gunn to protect their bottom line or because they care about the image they give off to families. LMFAO 

They didn't care when they hired Roseanne Barr. They didn't care when they kept Johnny Depp on their franchise. For fucks sake they knew these tweets existed before they freaking hired James Gunn.....and still hired him!

They fired Gunn to pander to the right/Trump so they can get some leverage in the Disney/Fox deal going through. 

• Like 8

As the designated arbiter for political correctness and outrage on this board (sorry, water!), this is bad news. I don't even care about James Gunn. This is awful because Disney capitulated to a bunch of frothing, MAGA pigs who pretty much doxxed his account because he criticized Trump. They opened the floodgates for this racist moron army to stir up shit and get anyone they want fired.

Mike Cernovich is, no exaggeration, one of the most despicable human beings in America, and anyone who follows him is in that same boat. Disney just handed him unlimited ammo for recruitment and credibility, and gave him pretense to do this again, just like he did with MSNBC, and just like he will try again. Holy fuck.

Weird ass tweets though, lol. Damn calm down James

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, cookie said:

Not in recent years imo

South Park also ages like milk.

The internet-money episode parodying the 2009 Writers Strike (when writers wanted money from internet downloads and streams), is probably the best example.

2 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Will Disney fire Cameron from Avatar because he is mean on sets now?

We need to consult the Cameron-hards on this.

edit: That’s what I get for typing this on a tablet when my PC is right next to me.

Edited by cookie

9 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Will Disney fire Cameron from Avatar because he is mean on sets now?

I truly believe we are a few years away from people getting monitored by cameras 24/7 in their work lives.

And you will have to sign a contract before touching the third base of your significant other.

Laught at this ...  while you can.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Pure Spirit said:

Seeing the contortions people are twisting into to defend Gunn and pillory Roseanne is probably the best entertainment I'll have before Fallout is released.

It's not particularly hard to do, you know.  Pretty easy, actually.

(Still not defending Gunn; still don't have a real dog in this fight except to note that Cernovich is in fact a pretty terrible person)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

(Still not defending Gunn; still don't have a real dog in this fight except to note that Cernovich is in fact a pretty terrible person)

Frankly, I might not have been so conflicted about Gunn being fired if it wasn’t for the fact that Mike Cernovich helped make it happen. Why in God’s name is that scumbag allowed to influence anything? 

• Like 2

Pretty easy? Go ahead. @Porthos

1532121844766.png

bZEOD7m.png

Edited by Pure Spirit