FlashMaster659

WEEKEND THREAD | Official Weekend Estimates: Beauty and the Beast - 88.3M; Power Rangers - 40.5M; Life - 12.6M; Other Numbers First Post. Gokira has been threadbanned.

I loved Power Rangers and I really want to see a sequel.

I'm glad there wasn't any cliffhanger in the film, other than

Spoiler

teasing Green Ranger in a post credit scene. 

However, I hope they bury the idea of making 6 movies. That's insane. Just give it a trilogy and that's it. By the way, they better get another release date. Releasing this movie after BATB, wow...lol

Anyway, something between 35-40 million for PR, seems ok. Not amazing, not bad. Japan and China will probably have to come to rescue, though. 

Edited by Blaze Heatnix

Some milestones will be crossed - Batb 300M, Logan 200M 

I like Reynolds. he's actually less of a boxoffice chaser than given credit for. As @Nova pointed out, he's taking diverse projects. I think there's more of some fans expectations that his projects should open but didn't than that there's an actual plan on his part. It's like Leo being accused to chase the oscar. Many of Leo movies weren't AMPAS thing on paper and otherwise. He just loves to work with the best people in the industry, has a clout to do so and also uses his name to get projects off the ground that wouldn't be greenlit without his name. 

Edited by Valonqar

BATB's is a lot closer to Cindy than TJB or Alice's, probably given the highly feminine theme it has. Still it's headed for 85-88 million 2nd weekend which is remarkable. 

I want Power Rangers to succeed, but I want it to lose just so to see Gokira's meltdown lol. And hey Gokira, it aint touching 60 million OW just like what you said before.

6 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Some milestones will be crossed - Batb 300M, Logan 200M 

I like Reynolds. he's actually less of a boxoffice chaser than given credit for. As @Nova pointed out, he's taking diverse projects. I think there's more of some fans expectations that his projects should open but didn't than that there's an actual plan on his part. It's like Leo being accused to chase the oscar. Many of Leo movies weren't AMPAS thing on paper and otherwise. He just loves to work with the best people in the industry, has a clout to do so and also uses his name to get projects off the ground that wouldn't be greenlit without his name. 

cWQyu97.gif

Just now, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

It's funny that the 2017 live action BATB has surpassed the original 1991 animated BATB, DOM-wise in a week. Wowsers! :blink:

But but adjusted......

Hate the adjusted conversation.

:sadben:

Just now, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

It's funny that the 2017 live action BATB has surpassed the original 1991 animated BATB, DOM-wise in a week. Wowsers! :blink:

Its impressive but adj for inflation the original did 302M in its first run. Give the new one one more day ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cookson said:

But but adjusted......

Hate the adjusted conversation.

:sadben:

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

Its impressive but adj for inflation the original did 302M in its first run. Give the new one one more day ;)

Yeah, adjusted has yet to come. Right now, counting the 1991's entire lifetime gross....it's at $392M adjusted now.

24 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

why the friday increase is a bit low across the board???

only get out and BATB get 100%+ increase......

Spring Break for some k-12 (12%) and college students (15%), acording to Deadline on Monday. That'll mute the Friday jumps.  However I was hoping for a bigger bump for BatB since it leaned much more to families but I guess I was too bullish.

Still can't be unhappy about the Friday number.

I can just see if internet chat forums like this were around when movies like The Shawshank Redemption came out you would have people saying stuff like this:

" Tim Robbins really should learn to pick better roles. Jacob's Ladder, Cadillac Man and now Shawshank Redemption. All really low grossing films. The guy is a good actor and everything and I have nothing against him he needs to fire his agent."

And...

" what an embarrassment the Shawshank Redemption is. It finally goes wide the third week and managers a laughable 2.5 million. Whoever green-lit this is definitely going to be fired....Columbia is lucky they have James Bond or they would probably be shut down within a couple of years."

It makes me laugh when I see people say stuff like Rebecca Ferguson should learn to pick better rules. Do you really think she is the type of actress that has eight different films to choose from and she is in such high demand that she is hiring a staff to read these scripts for her? No of course she is not. She is just another actress trying to get by in Hollywood and doing what comes her way. This was not a bad script.....Life,  I think eventually will become a highly-regarded film. It's too good of a film not to be in my opinion. Just because the film didn't open well doesn't mean it's not a good movie. Some of you guys here even though you're not trying to be, you come across as just being completely misinformed.

I remember this year when Nicole Kidman was on the red carpet at the Oscars and one of the talking head interviewers told her that she must be really proud of the movie lion and that she must have known right off the bat it was a terrific script. Nicole Kidman responded that she thinks that of every film that she decides to play in knowing full well that she has no idea what is going to resonate with an audience and  what won't. She hopes that every movie she does will resonate with an audience but she says that is completely out of her control.

Wise words.

• Like 8

Also....similar thing could be said for Alice in Wonderland. The 1951 animated version has a lifetime gross at around $5.2M DOM. And then the 2010 Tim Burton version managed to wipe out the 1951 version in one day with $40M OD. :o

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34