FlashMaster659

WEEKEND THREAD | Official Weekend Estimates: Beauty and the Beast - 88.3M; Power Rangers - 40.5M; Life - 12.6M; Other Numbers First Post. Gokira has been threadbanned.

37 minutes ago, druv10 said:

BOM has updated OS gross of BATB to 289M and WW to 541M+. WW should be around 720-730M by Sunday, 1B WW is locked. My guess 1.25-1.3B WW.

But there are people who still complain about BATB numbers

Resultado de imagen de hahah gif disney

So, based on the Friday estimate for BatB ($23.56M), what do you guys think the Saturday number will look like? I'm thinking between $35M and $38M, using both CINDERELLA and THE JUNGLE BOOK as close comparisons.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JB33 said:

So, based on the Friday estimate for BatB ($23.56M), what do you guys think the Saturday number will look like? I'm thinking between $35M and $38M, using both CINDERELLA and THE JUNGLE BOOK as close comparisons.

I hoping 37 to 40 Saturday based on Zootopia at a similar time frame in March

BTW,nothing is certain until the Saturday and Sunday numbers start coming in for BaTB.Remember last weekend when the OD number was revealed everyone said "no way BaTB does 170M with this number" but then the movie had a mighty Saturday that suprassed Firday+Prevews and then even more remarkably it had a Sunday bigger than Real-Friday.Something like this is in play here and the film can very well end up with 9

2 hours ago, baumer said:

I can just see if internet chat forums like this were around when movies like The Shawshank Redemption came out you would have people saying stuff like this:

" Tim Robbins really should learn to pick better roles. Jacob's Ladder, Cadillac Man and now Shawshank Redemption. All really low grossing films. The guy is a good actor and everything and I have nothing against him he needs to fire his agent."

And...

" what an embarrassment the Shawshank Redemption is. It finally goes wide the third week and managers a laughable 2.5 million. Whoever green-lit this is definitely going to be fired....Columbia is lucky they have James Bond or they would probably be shut down within a couple of years."

It makes me laugh when I see people say stuff like Rebecca Ferguson should learn to pick better rules. Do you really think she is the type of actress that has eight different films to choose from and she is in such high demand that she is hiring a staff to read these scripts for her? No of course she is not. She is just another actress trying to get by in Hollywood and doing what comes her way. This was not a bad script.....Life,  I think eventually will become a highly-regarded film. It's too good of a film not to be in my opinion. Just because the film didn't open well doesn't mean it's not a good movie. Some of you guys here even though you're not trying to be, you come across as just being completely misinformed.

I remember this year when Nicole Kidman was on the red carpet at the Oscars and one of the talking head interviewers told her that she must be really proud of the movie lion and that she must have known right off the bat it was a terrific script. Nicole Kidman responded that she thinks that of every film that she decides to play in knowing full well that she has no idea what is going to resonate with an audience and  what won't. She hopes that every movie she does will resonate with an audience but she says that is completely out of her control.

Wise words.

Well said. :bravo:

I don't want Ferguson to disappear since we all know that actresses have smaller opportunity window than male counterparts. Reynolds and Fassbender can bomb for years and still get to headline movies or make several per year, while that's much tougher for actresses. That said, agreed that Life's good and ferguson is excellent in it. That's why I wished it was seen more.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, baumer said:

The ignoring of LIFE is genuinely bumming me out.  It really needs to be seen.

I hope to see it soon enough.  Not sure about tonight, but maybe tomorrow on a matinee

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, baumer said:

The ignoring of LIFE is genuinely bumming me out.  It really needs to be seen.

I agree. I feel like Gokira when he found out that PR was only gonna do 13M...but at least his film managed to meet expectations and then some. 

Life has me bummed out :sadben:

It's one of those films that I want to talk about but no one has seen so I'm just like well this fucking sucks. 

8 minutes ago, Momo said:

I'm curious how PR would have done if it didn't opening the week after BATB.

PR would have done probably the same in the states but I think world wide it would have done better....probably enough to read $250M world wide total. In a lot of the markets, BATB is just slaughtering it....and well everything else actually lol 

3 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

The insane thing with BaTB is that it's a freaking musical and it's performing like the biggest blockbusters out there.

Just you wait for The Lion King.

• Like 1