WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 120): Boss Baby 50.2M | BATB 45.4M | GITS 18.7M | Power Rangers 14.2M | Kong 8.6M

19 minutes ago, a2knet said:
Rank* Title Friday
3/31
Saturday
4/1
Sunday
4/2
Monday
4/3
          N/A
2 BEAUTY AND THE BEAST (2017)
Buena Vista

$12,839,851

+112.1% / $3,050
$360,756,693 / 15
$19,478,151

+51.7% / $4,627
$380,234,844 / 16
$13,102,741

-32.7% / $3,112
$393,337,585 / 17

N/A

TOLD YOU that overrated CGI monstrosity would not make 500 million domestically. It has made 393 million too many, if you ask me. Say whatever you want, box office experts, but it will not reach 500.

The only "comfort" is to know that the nostalgia that powered this film's box office is the same kind of sentiment that will ensure that 30 years from now people will still see the original as the classic that it deservedly is, while the remake, with all its inert, soulless CGI sets and its metallic-sounding "singing" (from Watson) and its elaborately designed "magic" will be deservedly forgotten as the crappy knockoff it is. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Barnack said:

I would doubt that, Paramount had access (if they did not even paid for their own) to Dreamwork marketing study made by a serious firm about the unaided and aided awareness of the franchise in at least the top 12 world market.

Awareness is usually easy enough to asses, but take someone like me, I was fully aware it exist, that it was a Japanese franchise with at least one movie, how much awareness transfer in movie tickets sold is harder to asses.

That said, that movie look like it will do over 200 million, with a mediocre reception, that is almost an undeniable proof of the movie good commercial potential, a good one would have almost without a doubt made a good return. Studio do not have access too enough movie project that can work even if the movie do not deliver to make only those.

Ghost in a Shell was still more well known than The Martian, All you need is kill, they often do adaptation of stuff because they like the hight

If you are right (which is probably the case) then Paramount should have made sure that GitS had more action in order to sell to general audiences. As for The Martian, that movie's success is still a mystery to me, it was dull/dumb as hell. 

1 minute ago, EurekaThunderheart said:

TOLD YOU that overrated CGI monstrosity would not make 500 million domestically. It has made 393 million too many, if you ask me. Say whatever you want, box office experts, but it will not reach 500.

The only "comfort" is to know that the nostalgia that powered this film's box office is the same kind of sentiment that will ensure that 30 years from now people will still see the original as the classic that it deservedly is, while the remake, with all its inert, soulless CGI sets and its metallic-sounding "singing" (from Watson) and its elaborately designed "magic" will be deservedly forgotten as the crappy knockoff it is. 

How can you have told us anything if this is your first post

• Like 22

2 minutes ago, aabattery said:

How can you have told us anything if this is your first post

I'm pretty sure this is MrMarosa/Cochofles/Beals/moviesareawesomegirl. Almost word for word the same rant they made before being banned.

• Like 15

4 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

BATB went down. Disney is trying to cook the numbers to beat TDK, again.

I doubt it. Rogue One had a huge advantage on TDK at this point and still came up short. I think BATB will have an even tougher time. Furious 8 will hurt all of the big holdovers.

9 minutes ago, EurekaThunderheart said:

Either Cochofles or Dcasey again.

• Like 1

Just now, redfirebird2008 said:

I doubt it. Rogue One had a huge advantage on TDK at this point and still came up short. I think BATB will have an even tougher time. Furious 8 will hurt all of the big holdovers.

This is right. Fate of the F is a Family film all above that will hurt other would-be-family movies.

10 minutes ago, EurekaThunderheart said:

I'm a troll that likes toilet paper mummies and even I think this salt is pathetic.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, PPZVGOS said:

If you are right (which is probably the case) then Paramount should have made sure that GitS had more action in order to sell to general audiences. As for The Martian, that movie's success is still a mystery to me, it was dull/dumb as hell. 

I'm curious why you thought THE MARTIAN was dumb. 

• Like 4

So Tuesday for sure now on the 400m mark for beauty. Looked that way with the estimates since it isn't hitting 6m today but dropping a million really sealed it. 

Great for Boss Baby, glad it made the 50m number. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Barnack said:
  • 1 post

26 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

I'm pretty sure this is MrMarosa/Cochofles/Beals/moviesareawesomegirl. Almost word for word the same rant they made before being banned.

OMG...this is hilarious. 1st make a new account and then give yourself up in your very first post by hinting at your posts from the old account.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, a2knet said:

OMG...this is hilarious. 1st make a new account and then give yourself up in your very first post by hinting at your posts from the old account.

Classic troll delusion. Thinking somehow this time they won't get banned.

• Like 2