Ezen Baklattan

THE THREAD OF THE FURIOUS: Friday #s (DHD, Pg 36) F8 45.5M, BB 6.6M, BATB 5.3M, Smurfs 2.9M, GIS 2.1M

1 hour ago, Matrix4You said:

Sure you didn't mean 4.3 for BATB???

F8 down 11.2%

BB down 17.4%

BATB up 4.0%

..if BATB is 4.3, then it would be down 15.6%

Lol. 31% for F8 if Universal want to include the previews in Friday number. 

31% isn't that bad, only 60th biggest Saturday drop of all time. #notarecord lol

• Like 1

Deadline say 98.5 to 99.3M for F8 OW now..

http://deadline.com/2017/04/the-fate-of-the-furious-weekend-box-office-opening-vin-diesel-dwayne-johnson-1202069983/

1.) The Fate of the Furious (UNI), 4,310 theaters / $45.8M Fri. (includes $10.4M previews) /$31.2M Sat/3-day cume: $98.5M-$99M /Wk 1

2.) The Boss Baby (20thCentury Fox/DWA), 3,743 theaters (-86)  / $6.5M Fri. (-6%) /$5.48M Sat/ 3-day cume: $15.6m (-41%)/ Total: $116.3M/Wk 3

3.) Beauty and the Beast (DIS), 3,592 theaters (-377)  / $5M Fri. (-22%) /$5.24M Sat/ 3-day cume: $13.5M (-43%) / Total cume: $454.4MWk 5

4.) Smurfs: The Lost Village (Sony), 3,610 theaters / $2.7M Fri. (-34%) /$2.3M Sat/3-day cume: $6.5M (-51%)/Total: $24.7M/Wk 2

5.) Going in Style (WB/VR), 3,076 theaters (+15) / $2.1M Fri. (-50% )/$2.5M Sat/3-day cume: $6.1M  (-49%)/Total: $23.1M/Wk 2

Edited by Momo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MrPink said:

Man, I'm too lazy to make a Universal version at 2am in the morning, though I suppose it works if you put it in context of John Turturro = Universal

I can tell since "2 am in the morning" is redundant - 2 am is always the morning ;) 

5 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

Weird that Boss Baby didn't increase on Sat.

Not Weird at all - we have tried to tell y'all all week that Saturday in general would see decreases with very few increases and only for Adult flicks - to be honest BATB going up even a tad is surprising.

Easter doesn't play out like a normal weekend due to Good Friday.

3 hours ago, Noctis said:

14m weekend for Beasts. Good number.

You sure it won't become 12M? After 3 weeks of over-estimations I'm not holding my breath. Damn Boss Baby! It did cut into BatB's audience considerably, enough to kill 500M. :angry:

Fate of the Furious is such non-event domestically, lol.

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

So, I guess F8 will perform like F6 ( which made 97 million for its opening, and finished its run with 238 million domestic ).

Hard to predict F8 legs, considering that GOTG 2 is coming next. I'm sure the movie will cut some legs around.

It has three weeks to itself, it'll have made most of its money by the time GOTG2 comes out (especially given the franchise's history of stubby legs).

• Like 2

"Fast 8", interesting.  I was expecting a Domestic drop post-Paul so I'm not too surprised by the earlier numbers.   Smart decision releasing huge internationally.   We might be in a transformers/pirates situation now where the franchise continues to decrease domestically but explodes internationally.   I'll hold out until the final estimates to judge where this stands against "Furious 7".   The bottom line the franchise is here to stay. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, filmnerdjamie said:

Safe to assume, we all expected a drop. But not like this

But yes this is Pirates 4, a la all but ignore the disappointing domestic performance and focus solely on the worldwide numbers.

But it's going to make more than every other Furious movie OW.  The last one was the outlier......this seems to make perfect sense.  

• Like 9