kayumanggi

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY II | 473.9 M overseas ● 863.8 M worldwide

35 minutes ago, Filmovie said:

480-500 + 330-360 = 810-860 M

This is a Iron Man 2

So its basically going to make what Deadpool and Suicide Squad would have done if they had a China release. Still great numbers. I think people overestimate MCU box office numbers a bit much. Some of the Homecoming and Thor 3 predictions are hilarious. Civil War making less than Iron man 3 has made me a bit more realistic with MCU box office predictions.  

13 minutes ago, Hades said:

So its basically going to make what Deadpool and Suicide Squad would have done if they had a China release. Still great numbers. I think people overestimate MCU box office numbers a bit much. Some of the Homecoming and Thor 3 predictions are hilarious. Civil War making less than Iron man 3 has made me a bit more realistic with MCU box office predictions.  

the reality is that Civil War made more than Iron Man 3 with the same ER 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Fortunately not for the quality 

I find that Marvel movies get better with more fluid storytelling, better jokes, less cheesy stuff as more movies are being put into production and released.

7 hours ago, fmpro said:

Argue with Disney and Box Office Mojo instead

Next weekend belongs to Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, which got off to a strong start internationally this weekend, bringing in an estimated $101.2 million from ~58% of the overall international market. The film was #1 in all markets in which it opened outside of Portugal, Turkey and Vietnam and all markets topped the opening performance for the original Guardians of the Galaxy. Estimated results include the UK ($15.5M), Australia ($11.6M), Germany ($8.3M), France ($7.9M), Mexico ($7.6M), Brazil ($6.9M), Italy ($4.1M), Indonesia ($3.4M), Spain ($3.3M), Philippines ($3.2M), Thailand ($2.7M), Taiwan ($2.4M), Malaysia ($2.0M) and New Zealand ($2.0M).

I guess you did not understand what I meant. "Not if most of them are small markets" is about the markets left (42%). The main markets that are left are Russia, China, SK and Japan. The rest are small. I meant $100m ow (with most major markets opened) doesn't lock a $550m. Only that. You don't need to despair, please.

40 minutes ago, alisson23 said:

I guess you did not understand what I meant. "Not if most of them are small markets" is about the markets left (42%). The main markets that are left are Russia, China, SK and Japan. The rest are small. I meant $100m ow (with most major markets opened) doesn't lock a $550m. Only that. You don't need to despair, please.

42% left is still 42% no matter how many or few countries there are left... I dont know the word despair..

But i agree with you that 175 mill does not lock 550 mill. Far from. That indicates more like 475-500 mill IMO..

But its still possible

24 minutes ago, fmpro said:

42% left is still 42% no matter how many or few countries there are left... I dont know the word despair..

But i agree with you that 175 mill does not lock 550 mill. Far from. That indicates more like 475-500 mill IMO..

But its still possible

Yes, it matters, even more if 42% were only minor markets... http://www.thefreedictionary.com/despair

Well, at least we got a consensus.

Disney/Marvel’s Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 came in nearly $5M higher than projected on Sunday. With a $106M opening at the international box office, the launch was notably stronger than forecast in both Europe (+$3.1M) and Latin America (+$1.1M). 

The biggest play is the UK with $16.9M, followed by Australia at $11.8M, Germany with $9.3M, Mexico at $8.2M and France with $7.9M. 

• Like 4

Update from Deadline:

The UK was the biggest launch market for the space jam with a 67% share. It’s the 2nd biggest opening of the year, behind Disney’s own Beauty And The Beast; and the 2nd best first day for an MCU title (behind Civil War). The $16.9M bow is over 86% higher than the first film.
Australia came in with $11.8M after being boosted by the Anzac holiday earlier in the week. At the weekend, it was 27% bigger than GOTG. Germany kicked off with $9.3M and the 2nd best MCU debut ever. It’s over 11% ahead of Civil War there and better than GOTG. Mexico jumps up to No. 4 in the actuals with $8.2M and France rounds out the Top 5 at 16% higher than Civil War and 36% better than GOTG with $7.9M.
Other key market cumes include Brazil ($6.9M), Italy ($4.1M), Indonesia ($3.4M), Spain ($3.3M) and the Philippines ($3.2M). Austria saw the best MCU debut of all time.

Edited by Purple Minion
  • Like 2

Unaided awareness, a tracking indicator which shows the strength of a movie’s awareness without being prompted by a pollster, is through the roof for GOTG2 with 42%  overall awareness.

Figure like that are somewhat surprising, less than half the movie going audience know that a Guardian of The Galaxy 2 is coming out. And it is considered a through the roof figure, that show how big is the media fragmentation.

9 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Figure like that are somewhat surprising, less than half the movie going audience know that a Guardian of The Galaxy 2 is coming out. And it is considered a through the roof figure, that show how big is the media fragmentation.

That's 42% of anyone out on the streets .. not necessarily a movie going audience. So almost every other person in the streets bring up GOTG2 when randomly asked if they know what movies are coming out this week. That's a pretty huge number.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Iron Raf said:

Currently ahead of Age of Ultron in advanced sales in the U.S. 

200M possible ?!?

http://deadline.com/2017/05/guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2-marvel-fandango-advance-ticket-sales-records-1202080383/

CW have better presales too and still do $ 179m against $ 191m for Ultron

Vol. 2 is ahead Ultron but still behind CW, so + $160m is more realistic

But it could surprise if the families appear and do something around CW, the film is really emotional and beautiful.