grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

12 minutes ago, Nero said:

Of course Shivampa tops it. Who cares about Charlie :ph34r:? Grim is mod and doesn't even visit MCU movies thread. So many people don't know him :poker:

Who is Grim? Never heard of her :ph34r:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, captainwondyful said:

NGL, I could!  I will check again in the morning.  I am not working off Fandango.  I'm working off of my Atom app.  It's faster to work off two screens.  Are you counting the Thursday showings after 12AM?  Cause I have those rolled into Friday.  ETA:  When you pull up the App it has 40 Showings (+1 Fan Event) available, but only 33 of those they're counting as Thursdays.

I've been following Empire 25 for the last few weeks and I'd have to agree with TalismanRing that all shows before 6am should be included in Thursday count, since that is how the box office is going to be reported. In general, it wouldn't matter much for almost any other movie. However, it will make a huge difference figure wise in this case. 

The 2am Dolby is at 200+ tickets sold, the 3am IMAX is at 260+ sold, the 4am Prime show is almost 100 tickets sold and the post midnight Digital shows currently combine for over 300+ tickets sold with lots of room to grow. 

Endgame could easily sell 1500+ tickets at this theater from midnight - 6am, which is insanity!

At an average ticket price of $19 for this theater, that wold be an extra $28 500 for the theater. 

Going back to the convo on here from a few days back regarding whether or not it is worth it for theaters to stay open overnight, the answer here is clearly yes. Even if theatre only gets 30% of those ticket sales, that's $8550 before even factoring in a single popcorn or soda sale. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Certainly you weren’t here for the Raegr era or the DCasey era.

I was but I was just lurking at that time. Holy shit reagr had lot of accounts. But I don't remember reagr used to troll? Dcasey I have no idea

So, I decided to take a look at how Endgame is currently performing on the Monday/Tuesday at the same theater I'm tracking , Scotiabank Theatre Toronto, and the results are too interesting not to post, considering we are over a week away from these dates and they will grow quickly as the weekend continues to sell out!

Monday, April 29th

AVX - 11am (15/474)

3pm (21/474)

7pm (133/474)

11pm (15/474)

IMAX - 10:30am (86/415)

2:30pm (133/415)

6:30pm  (225/415)

10:30pm (108/415)

Total: 736

Tuesday, April 30th (cheap tickets)

AVX - 11am (7/474)

3pm (60/474)

7pm (261/474)

11pm (6/474)

IMAX - 10:30am (79/415)

2:30pm (155/415)

6:30pm  (303/415)

10:30pm (147/415)

Total: 1018 

Over 1000 tickets sold for Tuesday, April 29th already, more than a week ahead of time and before the full schedule is posted. And it's not a holiday. INSANE!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

47 minutes ago, Nova said:

Wait.....Matthew is a Shivampa alt? The same user I helped with getting a profile pic set up even though they had a profile pic on their Shivampa account? 

What the hell is wrong with people. 

:winomg:

42 minutes ago, Horner said:

What's even better is he outed himself on that account when trying to post a pic of something and instead posted a direct link into the Google photo album of "shivam pahariya".

:hahaha:

So things are looking great for Endgame, sold out all throughout the weekend at my theater. Thursday previews have 15 showings, but the rest of the weekend doesn't have any new showtimes. That will change by Tuesday where they will pull new shows out their ass lol

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rerga said:

@WrathOfHan

Is typing, I can see you through your screen

30 minutes ago, Verrows said:

Wait, raegr is back?? It's been a while.

4 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

He barely re arranged the letters and then started talking about how BvS should have made Avengers money.  So how hard was he trying not to be noticed? :lol:

To make things clear for others. :insane:

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

He barely re arranged the letters and then started talking about how BvS should have made Avengers money.  So how hard was he trying not to be noticed? :lol:

These past months seems to be popular times for banned members to come back with alts, trying to nonchalantly blend in, but all failed pretty spectacularly cause let’s face it, old habits die hard. Props to them for the creativity though.

There’s Cocho who tried to come across as championing for success of female-led SH movies, but can’t help with snide remarks and backhanded compliments showing bitterness and incredible passive aggressiveness towards Captain Marvel’s BO. 

Then there’s shivampa who did a complete turn from hater to supporter to mask the trail.

It’s pretty hilarious.

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

4 minutes ago, Sam said:

These past months seems to be popular times for banned members to come back with alts, trying to nonchalantly blend in, but all failed pretty spectacularly cause let’s face it, old habits die hard. Props to them for the creativity though.

There’s Cocho who tried to come across as championing for success of female-led SH movies, but can’t help with snide remarks and backhanded compliments showing bitterness and incredible passive aggressiveness towards Captain Marvel’s BO. 

Then there’s shivampa who did a complete turn from hater to supporter to mask the trail.

It’s pretty hilarious.

Plot Twist:

Every troll ever (including BKB, Shivampa, Cocho, raegr and the rest) is just a different personality of the same person. Akin to the group in Split. At this point they don't know each other exist, but soon they will develop the ability to talk to each other.

• Haha 3
  • Astonished 2