grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

1 minute ago, captainwondyful said:

I read this as OW was like, YAAAH CAN'T WAIT FOR FROZEN 200M OW, oh, you mean total?  that will be nice too

Just now, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I do think $200M OW has a great chance.

I'm thinking in the $150-170m range OW. 

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

wondy you're definitely going to see Ma this weekend. Don't lie!

You joke, but I was thinking about it.  (Though, probably more of a Monday night flick.  Depends on if Mom wants to see Rocketman.)

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Don't make Octavia drink alone.

Well, what about you? Are you gonna cancel your Godzilla tickets for Ma?

By the way I pointed this out in the Godzilla thread but my theater is only showing it in 3D once each this weekend and at 10 in the morning. I honestly wonder when studios will just stop with 3D in general because even the boost isn't significant anymore. Even a 2D 10 A.M. show would likely sell more seats than a lone 3D show the entire day would.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

By the way I pointed this out in the Godzilla thread but my theater is only showing it in 3D once each this weekend and at 10 in the morning. I honestly wonder when studios will just stop with 3D in general because even the boost isn't significant anymore. Even a 2D 10 A.M. show would likely sell more seats than a lone 3D show the entire day would.

They should. Most people either just hate it or refuse to fork out the premium cost.

13 minutes ago, filmlover said:

China (and apparently Germany going by @Brainbug's disgusted comments) is too big of a market right now.

For instance, near as I can tell every single dollar EG earned in China was 3D.

It is dying hard core in the DOM market though, I'd agree.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Don't worry. Cammy's gonna make Avatar 2 have glasses-less 3D, and we'll be subjected to it for 10 more years.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disbelief 1

And now folks know why I tracked Pika Pika. :ph34r:

Spoiler

It was supposed to possibly hit 80-90 according to initial BOP forecasting. which is above my 75m OW "worth it" threshold.

Spoiler

HUSH YOU.  Having a family orientated film really helps. 

Spoiler

But what about

Spoiler

I SAID HUSH!!!! :kitschjob:

• Haha 2