grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

@CJohn Fall hours hath begun :ohmygod: The last showing for any movie is now at 8 PM on weekdays and Sunday (First shows are at 11 AM during the week and 10 AM Friday-Sunday). Leap has the 2nd Biggest only for its evening show because they needed to get another showing of THB in before close. Before the summer, the final show was normally at 8:30 Sunday-Thursday while opening was at 10 or even 9:30. The past month they've been opening at 11 from Monday-Thursday, and that's staying the same this fall from the looks of it.

It is pretty much the same as here with different times. The main night show is between 8:45-10 PM and during the Summer and Friday/Saturday they add midnight shows (except for a few theaters that have those all year). Morning shows only exist here for kids movies on Sunday and holidays. The first show is always between 12:30 PM-1:50 PM during the Summer but in the Fall a lot of theaters have their first show starting at 3 PM+.

Fall hours only hit us in two weeks, tho, as school only starts on September 11.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

Baby Driver, The Dark Tower, and Girls Trip are gone.

Wind River: 4 (Average)

The Big Sick: 2 (Return; Average)

Cars 3: 2 (Return; 2nd Smallest)

All Saints: 4 (Down 1; Biggest)

Annabelle: Creation: 4 (Down 1; Average)

Birth of the Dragon: 4 (Down 1; Smallest)

The Hitman's Bodyguard: 4 (Down 1; 2nd Biggest and Average)

Leap!: 4 (Down 2; 2nd Biggest and Average)

Logan Lucky: 4 (Down 1; 4th Smallest)

Spider-Man: Homecoming: 4 (Down 1; Average)

Despicable Me 3: 2 (Down 2; 3rd Smallest)

Dunkirk: 2 (Down 1; 2nd Smallest)

The Emoji Movie: 2 (Down 1; Average)

The Nut Job 2: Nutty by Nature: 2 (Down 1; Average)

Terminator 2: Judgement Day 3D: 2 (Down 3; Average)

Wonder Woman: 2 (Flat; 3rd Smallest)

Auditorium sizes for reference (all seats are recliners if you're wondering why they're small):

Reveal hidden contents

Wait what, why is All Saints on the biggest theater.

Also, you finally get to see Wind River. They didn't even bothered with Tulip Fever or Close Encounters :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, CJohn said:

Wait what, why is All Saints on this biggest theater.

Also, you finally get to see Wind River. They didn't even bothered with Tulip Fever or Close Encounters :lol:

Dunno. It wasn't really ahead of THB today or yesterday either.

When I was scrolling through AMC's showtimes and saw Big Sick, that put me at ease for Wind River :lol: A shame we aren't getting Ingrid, though that's expected after it had a godawful PTA.

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Dunno. It wasn't really ahead of THB today or yesterday either.

When I was scrolling through AMC's showtimes and saw Big Sick, that put me at ease for Wind River :lol: A shame we aren't getting Ingrid, though that's expected after it had a godawful PTA.

I am surprised they simply didn't kept THB in the biggest alone instead. They are probably expecting a lot of church groups over the long weekend :lol:

Ingrid is probably gonna have a small expansion, if that, but yeah, after that PTA your best hope really was Wind River.

• Like 1

Just now, CJohn said:

I am surprised they simply didn't kept THB in the biggest alone instead. They are probably expecting a lot of church groups over the long weekend :lol:

Ingrid is probably gonna have a small expansion, if that, but yeah, after that PTA your best hope really was Wind River.

I agree on the church group aspect. It's been SUPER walkup based, which isn't really typical for faith films.

31 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

Arjun Reddy now #1 seller on MT.  no numbers.  no BOM page.  there is a Wikipedia page, though.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arjun_Reddy_(film)

What in the world...Indian movies have been popping up a lot despite being in few theaters (I assume).  I see this in a few Regals but no AMC or Cinemark...perhaps they should start playing them, geez....

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

What metric does BOP use for Twitter tracking? I was looking how Downsizing is tracking after the Venice reviews, yet it has VERY few tweets according to the tracking table. In reality, it has much more than mid-teens.

Downsizing doesn't even have an official trailer yet (it premieres September 12) and isn't the kind of movie that's gonna generate a ton of online interest months in advance, so trying to get a grasp on how well it will do now is futile. 

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Downsizing doesn't even have an official trailer yet (it premieres September 12) and isn't the kind of movie that's gonna generate a ton of online interest months in advance, so trying to get a grasp on how well it will do now is futile. 

I mean I wouldn't expect many tweets, but does BOP include the press and trades in their tracking?

Trying to track a movie this far out from release (that's barely even begun its official marketing campaign) is always a recipe for disaster. BO won't even release a guesstimate for the film until it's about two months away from release (so late October).

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Trying to track a movie this far out from release (that's barely even begun its official marketing campaign) is always a recipe for disaster. BO won't even release a guesstimate for the film until it's about two months away from release (so late October).

That's not my point. Downsizing has much more than 14 tweets, yet the tracking doesn't reflect that. 

27 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I mean I wouldn't expect many tweets, but does BOP include the press and trades in their tracking?

I don't think Twitter is a marker for BO predictions.

For example: look at "IT" twitter numbers, not impressive, but it doesn't matter.

P.S. Or you're talking about twitter like an only one of many pieces in complex predition's stuff?

Edited by KeepItU25071906

2 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

I don't think Twittet is a marker for BO predictions.

For example: look at "IT" twitter numbers, not impressive, but it doesn't matter.

Still - IT Twitter account has 41K followers and rising fast. Annabelle Creation has only 8.7K and Hitman's Bodyguard only 3.5K.  These numbers are small compared to Facebook but relatively speaking, IT is very popular on Twitter.  At a comparable time in release compared to Annabelle I bet it could have 90K followers.

But agree low followers for Twitter movies is common and unless they are Marvel or DC they probably have 2K even weeks before release