grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

It is selling very well at Disney Springs. Meanwhile, Home Again has their biggest auditorium and has sold nothing :lol: 

mother! has sold 1 ticket for Thursday and 2 for Friday while American Assassin hasn't sold anything yet.

but...why

40 minutes ago, We0uthere said:

Presales and looking at the cinemas around my area (Toronto, Ontario).

I'm just north of Toronto and have tried tracking stuff and comparing it to the US for presales. It doesn't seem to align properly tbh. You could be right but I've pre-bought tons of movies and checked presales and nothing matches up usually. I've found most movies around here fill up more by walks up. 

Right now my 7:30pm showtime(dbox/avx) on Friday has 19 seats sold in a theatre with like 300 or so seats. 

7 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I'm just north of Toronto and have tried tracking stuff and comparing it to the US for presales. It doesn't seem to align properly tbh. You could be right but I've pre-bought tons of movies and checked presales and nothing matches up usually. I've found most movies around here fill up more by walks up. 

Right now my 7:30pm showtime(dbox/avx) on Friday has 19 seats sold in a theatre with like 300 or so seats. 

I live in the heart of Toronto - downtown, which I think is much different than outskirts since Toronto used to be just one big area and the presales for movies that do well in US usually has a lot of buzz here too, in downtown. 

This movie has more hype than I've seen for pretty much anything so the idea that it barely outdoes Conjuring seems way off. If anything this is much more likely.to surprise way to the upside vs tracking (I think a lot of older King fans will be shocked to find this movie sold out when they come to book last minute).  Good news is we will know soon enough!  Anyway, I'll just stick to data points from here.  Will update on my local theaters and the two theaters I found with the lowest relative sales I mentioned before.  If those fill up too then look out.  

For general data points - follows on the twitter account really taking off now as is "it movie" on Google trends.  

20 minutes ago, We0uthere said:

I live in the heart of Toronto - downtown, which I think is much different than outskirts since Toronto used to be just one big area and the presales for movies that do well in US usually has a lot of buzz here too, in downtown. 

Maybe you're right, I'll guess we'll see on the weekend. I'm at like Yonge and Steeles which is like 25 minutes or so from downtown but I don't track downtown theatres at all. 

1 hour ago, Rumpot said:

IT really kicking with 34/sec on average on Fandango 8PM.  Up to 10% on MT.  

--

Edit at 10pm est - 197 tickets in 5min or 39-40/min.  MT sure to be higher on next update.

How does the Fandango Box Office meter work? Is it live sales? 

10 minutes ago, We0uthere said:

How does the Fandango Box Office meter work? Is it live sales? 

Supposed to be live I think, but the "times" I see attached to the buys as they scroll on the top left are usually 10-20minutes before the current time.  I don't know if that signifies a 10-20 minute delay or incorrect time-stamping

3 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

Supposed to be live I think, but the "times" I see attached to the buys as they scroll on the top left are usually 10-20minutes before the current time.  I don't know if that signifies a 10-20 minute delay or incorrect time-stamping

Yeah that shit got me confused as hell. There's also this pattern where movies are quite scattered during the day, but during the night time IT just starts dominating like crazy. This has been the case since at least the past week - when I started checking.