grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

45 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Moana does not show up in the 2 Monday updates in the Web Archive, where Hacksaw Ridge was sitting at 3%. So I would say, that Coco is doing quite well, considering it's up against a much stronger weekend compared to 2016.

Yep but Pixar movies had a bigger fanbase and presales are usually stronger.

1 hour ago, Poseidon said:

Moana does not show up in the 2 Monday updates in the Web Archive, where Hacksaw Ridge was sitting at 3%. So I would say, that Coco is doing quite well, considering it's up against a much stronger weekend compared to 2016.

Moana showed up right in the morning's first update on Monday itself, not sure why Archive is not showing it

On 11/21/2016 at 4:50 AM, WrathOfHan said:

Pulse:

1. Beasts

2. Moana

3. Beasts 3D

4. Arrival

5. Trolls

MT:

Beasts 44.7

Trolls 13.1

Strange 8

Arrival 7.3

Moana 4.5

• Like 2

I see Coco significantly higher...the top animated last year had a high Hispanic viewership (SLOP was 24% and Dory was 26%).  This will be way higher than those.  To add it all up 126M for Dory came from Hispanic population alone.  This movie could and likely will outdo that. Hispanic viewership alone can be 150M+ for this movie.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

I see Coco significantly higher...the top animated last year had a high Hispanic viewership (SLOP was 24% and Dory was 26%).  This will be way higher than those.  To add it all up 126M for Dory came from Hispanic population alone.  This movie could and likely will outdo that. Hispanic viewership alone can be 150M+ for this movie.  

Yeah, good point. Also, Hispanic audiences still seem more walk up friendly. 

7 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

How many Latino kids are begging to see Coco?

I guarantee alot more were fans of Finding Nemo.

38 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I don't think Cock has enough juice in it to inflate itself over those numbers.

28 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

We’ll see if it can penetrate past those numbers.

Maybe it’ll be long enough to work.

7 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

How many Latino kids are begging to see Coco?

I guarantee alot more were fans of Finding Nemo.

There's certainly no way to guarantee that.  In any case, SLOP not very different in numbsrs.  It seems likely to me this will see more adult family members watching with the kids as well.   I'm not making a prediction perse but saying one should be open to bigger numbers when this is geared towards a specific demographic which has been a large chunk of revenue for recent animated movies already.