grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

23 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Yeah, good point. Also, Hispanic audiences still seem more walk up friendly. 

For $5 tickets at AMC tomorrow you have to get them at the box office so we will see how that effects online sales vs at theater too

22 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

For $5 tickets at AMC tomorrow you have to get them at the box office so we will see how that effects online sales vs at theater too

Are they letting you use them at Coco?  I know my normal discount theater (Cinemark) is NOT discounting the movie tomorrow...

• Thanks 1

The Lee Unkrich-Adrian Molina animated musical which follows young boy Miguel’s journey to the other side where he meets his dead relatives and discovers great secrets about his family, is eyeing $55M-$60M over five days with a good shot at $65M or more. 

http://deadline.com/2017/11/justice-league-coco-gal-gadot-wonder-roman-j-israel-esq-thanksgiving-box-office-1202212680/

4 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Deadline is actually predicting only Good Dino #s (or slightly better) for Coco?    

It's tracking numbers for a movie with a 9,2 IMDB Score. Also, they say with a good shot at 65m+. Tells me, it's heading in the right direction recently. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Deadline is actually predicting only Good Dino #s (or slightly better) for Coco?    

$55-65M for the 5-day isn't exactly terrible on its own (though there's certainly room for improvement). Assuming this legs out more like a regular Thanksgiving animated release and not Good Dino, that estimate gets it anywhere from $160M to $202M.

10 minutes ago, YourMother said:

That tracking numbers a bit alarming.

TGD was tracking in the $60M-$65M range

Moana was tracking at $75M+.

Inside Out was tracking at $60-65m and ended with $93m...

Coco connected with Mexicans, so lets see, what it can do, if it connects with North America and if it can score that A+ Cinemascore.

Edited by Poseidon
  • Like 3

North Shore update: Coco has officially gone bonkers. The 7:00 showing is pretty much sold out.

If it can reach 138 tickets by 3:00, it’ll take over DM3 for best selling family film I tracked before Thursday previews. It’s at about 80 now. We’ll see if it’ll get 58 more.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Holy mother of god!

Why did my theater not expand Coco? Coco is far ahead of Cars 3 at the same point (113/1,071). It has sold out the 6pm showing and will sell out the 7pm showing (3 tickets left). 9pm is selling well and could get close to sell out. However look at that percent of seats sold:ohmygod:

Coco 235 312

75.3%

• Like 5

4 hours ago, DAJK said:

How many theatres is Man who Invented Xmas supposed to release in this weekend? Anyone know what the expansion plan is, and when it is?

It's expected to open in 500 theaters this weekend. I assume expansion will depend on PTA.

On 11/19/2017 at 9:41 PM, CoolEric258 said:

Coco 297 2327

12.76%

The needle for Coco hasn't moved much, with most of the tickets being sold for the Wednesday show, but these additional tickets were sold on a weekend day when most people aren't buying tickets to upcoming movies, so I don't know if it means much.

Coco 485 2327 20.84%

Just a day before previews, and Coco jumped to over 185 tickets. Don't know if that's good, because I have zero comps to work with, but that seems like a fine number, and I want all of the movie's naysayers to eat crow, so I'll just say that looks pretty good. :lol: 

Also tonight, Roman J. Israel had gotten showtimes posted for this weekend, but no tickets have been sold yet. I assume presales will kick into high gear for the event picture of the Thanksgiving season tomorrow.

• Like 4