grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

Presale updates: 

- Transformers 48 hours out is equal to Alien 72 hours out

- Spider-Man is pretty much equal to Wonder Woman and slightly less than half of Guardians roughly 3 weeks out

- Despicable Me 3 outpacing Pets at the same point in time

• Like 19

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Presale updates: 

- Spider-Man is pretty much equal to Wonder Woman and slightly less than half of Guardians roughly 3 weeks out

Those updates are the true rainbows and unicorns of BOT. Much appreciated.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Presale updates: 

I'm thinking Transformers will be under $75M 5-day based on this. What are your predictions?

Also, awesome for DM3. $100M+ OW is not impossible.

• Like 1

Stumbled onto this comp while building a comp database - not sure if it is valid or not. But Transformers presales 48 hours before previews are 75% of Power Rangers was 48 hours before previews. Maybe the date change hurt sales.

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Presale updates: 

I'm fully convinced Transformers' 3 day will be below Alien's OW. Good numbers for the other two releases, though obviously DM3 would be selling better than an original property. The proximity of those numbers would paint a better picture; Cars would be a good comp if you have it.

6 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Stumbled onto this comp while building a comp database - not sure if it is valid or not. But Transformers presales 48 hours before previews are 75% of Power Rangers was 48 hours before previews. Maybe the date change hurt sales.

Eh, I think the release date is/was irrelevant; this movie would perform the same anywhere. I've been saying this for many months, but The Last Knight basically appeals to fans only.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I'm fully convinced Transformers' 3 day will be below Alien's OW. Good numbers for the other two releases, though obviously DM3 would be selling better than an original property. The proximity of those numbers would paint a better picture; Cars would be a good comp if you have it.

Eh, I think the release date is/was irrelevant; this movie would perform the same anywhere. I've been saying this for many months, but The Last Knight basically appeals to fans only.

No Cars numbers from 10 days out unfortunately. The only update received was 3 days out. DM3 is higher than literally every other animated comp not named Pets, Cars, Moana or Dory for even 3 days out numbers.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

It wont be. TF will be strong with walk ups. It will open lower than the others but definitely better than Alien 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MattW said:

Transformers is tracking for 70m for 5 days, which would be high 40s for FSS, as low as 45 depending on how the days go.

Considering we have presales from the country's biggest chain, that tracking looks too high now.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Considering we have presales from the country's biggest chain, that tracking looks too high now.

2nd biggest? And yeah, tracking's probably a bit high

Good for SMH, although with Iron Man added in, I expected presales to be higher. Wonder if it can pick up on sales also it can correlate with a larger OW.

Good for DM3, $100M+ OW is back on the table.

Complete shit for TTLK, I know Transformers movies have bad presales but this is kind of alarming.

• Like 1

I have been thinking Hobbit 3 since the release date was changed.

$24,452,117

- / -

3,875 / $6,310

$24,452,117 / 1
$9,955,093
$34,407,210
-59.3% / -
- / -
3,875 / $2,569
$8,879
$34,407,210 / 2

$16,563,371