grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

41 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

its also discount tuesday but TF5 is opening today !!!! Not sure what to expect for its previews. Discount tuesday should help big time. But t mobile deal could spread out a bit as well. 

Someone said that tran5ormers is not getting discount tuesday at their theaters.

1 minute ago, brandmaks said:

Also, T-Mobile is partnered with Atom, not Fandango.

Hi.

Hello. Welcome to forums.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Tickets are now on sale for Apes and Girls Trip. Fox is doing a marathon on Wednesday at 4 PM that includes War :jeb!: 

Time to hop on board the Girls Trip breakout train!

But no, really, I'm feeling that one, a lot more than I was ever feeling Snatched or Baywatch or Rough Night. The trailer slays every time, and I'm thinking it's gonna get good reviews too (the script is from the writer of Black-Ish, which touches on darker topics from time to time).

Based the midnight preview numbers for previous transformers movies a 70m 5 day opening would have about $5m in previews. But since it looks like 70 is too high I'll say $4.5m

Also theaters aroundme dont do discount for tues/Wed openers, probably not monday either but I've never seen a wide monday opening here.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-preview-transformers-5-looks-biggest-bang-overseas-1014891

The studio puts the film's budget at $217 million before a major marketing spend.

According to prerelease tracking, the fifth outing in the franchise is projected to post a five-day domestic debut in the $70 million-$75 million range, notably behind than the $100 million North American launch of the last title, Transformers: Age of Extinction, over the three-day June 27-29 weekend in 2014 and the lowest in Hasbro toys-based series.

Instead, The Last Knight — similar to recent summer tentpole Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales — is counting on sizable returns internationally, where Age of Extinction grossed a massive $858.6 million to become the first Transformersmovie to jump the $1 billion mark at the worldwide box office on its way to resting at $1.1 billion

(bit of memory loss there, eh THR?)

The Last Knight opens in its first 42 foreign territories this weekend, including a slew of major markets, such as China, the U.K., Russia, Australia, Germany, Italy, North Korea and Hong Kong.

• Like 1

This Wednesday release makes Transformers so much harder to predict. Normally, on a Thursday, if a high profile release was doing as weakly as Transformers is right now, I'd really be thinking it would majorly disappoint. Theoretically, it should be #1 on MT and Pulse. Or at least a lot closer to WW and Cars than it is. But who knows with this mid week release? Should be interesting.

19 hours ago, Hiccup23 said:

Transformers 5 - 4 showings

3 Ultra Screen - 290 seats - 55 sold, 6 sold, 0 sold

1 Normal - 110 seats - 0 sold

Total Seats: 61/980 (6.2%)

Transformers 5 - 4 showings

3 Ultra Screen - 290 seats - 88 sold, 83 sold, 0 sold

1 Normal - 110 seats - 4 sold

Total Seats: 175/980 (17.9%)

This is low for a so called tentpole summer film. It even has discount Tuesday helping it (tickets are $5)....SAD!

2 hours ago, MattW said:

The Last Knight opens in its first 42 foreign territories this weekend, including a slew of major markets, such as China, the U.K., Russia, Australia, Germany, Italy, North Korea and Hong Kong.

:kitschjob:

• Like 3

19 hours ago, YourMother said:

North Shore Cinema 6/19 roundup for presales:

- Notes: North Shore Cinema has brought back 3D for their showings including their Ultrascreen format depending on movie strangely, like Homecoming has Ultrascreen 3D yet Wonder Woman didn't.

Transformers: The Last Knight:

6/20/17 showings (Tomorrow)

8:00 - 47/105

9:45 - 76/301 - USCR

11:15 - 3/105 

6/21/17 showings (Wednesday)

9:00 - 7/301 - USCR

12:20 - 12/301 - USCR

3:40 - 10/301 - USCR

7:00 - 10/301 - USCR

8:00 - 13/105 - 3D

10:20 - 7/301 - USCR

11:20 - 11/105 - USCR

126/511 - 24.6% sold for Tuesday (Pirates on opening Thursday for previews had 21% sold with more showings)

70/1715 - 4.1% sold for Wednesday (no comparison)

The Last Knight (6 hours and 47 minutes from showtime):

8:00 - 81/105 

9:45 - 158/301

11:15 - 3/105

242/511 - 47.3% sold for Tuesday

Pretty solid jump for today. Thinking $5M-$7M for previews. Discount Tuesday will help it massively.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

I would want TF5 to fail so miserable if it weren't for Paramount already having a really poor year. It's like kicking a dead horse at this point :(

This is so sad. I think the same about Spider Man: H and my poor Sony.

Final predictions for TF5

Pre: $7.3M
Wed: $12.4M/$19.7M
Thu: $8.6M -30.65%/-56.35%
Fri: $13.1M +52.33%
Sat $16.3M +24.43%
Sun: $12.4M -23.93%

OW: $41.8M
2nd: $18.4M -55.98%
3rd: $7.3M -60.33%
4th: $3.8M -47.95%

DOM: $140M
INT: $684M
WW: $824M

The preview probably looks very high, and it may, but I was looking at The Hobbit 3 for a comparison and that film made 46% of its OD with previews.