grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

7 minutes ago, BK007 said:

The most "original" looking remake gets the worst reviews and the least BO? 

If you actually read the reviews there is nothing original about it. Even the pink elephant scene has become generic and lame garbage in this. All the original parts are just things to explain the "plotholes" in the original just like with the Beauty and the Beast remake. I am fine with it being original but if you take out everything great about the original (the humor, songs, visuals, etc) and replace it with something more generic, it doesn't deserve a lot of money.

• ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

53 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

The pink elephant scene is fantastic, you're so bizarre, seriously. Anyway, back on topic. 

The pink elephant in the original is fantastic, yes. The new is supposedly completely lame and boring. Nowhere near as psychedelic horrifying, or weird. Did you even read what I said there or did you read it the way you wanted to just because you don't like me? The original Dumbo is probably my favourite Disney animated movie outside of Fantasia and 40% of the reason why is because of the pink elephant scene.

Edited by lorddemaxus

13 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

The pink elephant in the original is fantastic, yes. The new is supposedly completely lame and boring. Nowhere near as psychedelic horrifying, or weird. Did you even read what I said there or did you read it the way you wanted to just because you don't like me? The original Dumbo is probably my favourite Disney animated movie outside of Fantasia and 40% of the reason why is because of the pink elephant scene.

Nothing against you, but it’s indeed weird that you’re complaining about a lot of things without actually see the movie, just based on reviews.

I’ve seen a lot of people praising the new pink elephant scene... the movie is kinda polarizing, some people are loving it, some people don’t, just go and watch the movie, maybe you like it afterall. If you don’t, then at least you could criticize based on your own opinion.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

17 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Nothing against you, but it’s indeed weird that you’re complaining about a lot of things without actually see the movie, just based on reviews.

I’ve seen a lot of people praising the new pink elephant scene... the movie is kinda polarizing, some people are loving it, some people don’t, just go and watch the movie, maybe you like it afterall. If you don’t, then at least you could criticize based on your own opinion.

I'm assuming that he thinks that I don't like the original Pink Elephant scene. But I don't think I have seen any love or hate for this film. Half of them just seem to like it a bit more than "average" and others a bit less than average. Most of the reviews are in the 4-6/10 range.

And if TimmyRiggins was talking about the new movie, then he assumed that the new Pink Elephants scene is amazing without having seen it.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Disbelief 1

Yeah. Snyder destroyed the brand. It will take many more movies than Aquaman and Shazam to undo that damage. If Shazam gross 450M with great reviews it will show how much brand damage Snyder really caused. I'm pretty sure that if Marvel made the exact same Shazam movie it would easily make 700M.

• ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 3

9 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

Aquaman was tracking for 65m for weeks and that's about where it landed

The low numbers sound reasonable. He's an unknown character and not part of a popular brand

DC is a popular brand obviously but I guess the inherently C-list nature of the character is gonna hold the movie back from seeing especially massive numbers. An Ant-Man type of run seems in the cards (and would be very good).

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

DC did definitely get hurt bad by Snyder trying his best to destroy the brand. WW released in 2019 does much better imo. Let's see how we 1984 does.

I hope Shazam isn't punished for Snyder. He had nothing to do with it, thank God.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DlAMONDZ said:

Aquaman was tracking for 65m for weeks and that's about where it landed

The low numbers sound reasonable. He's an unknown character and not part of a popular brand

You can claim that Shazam is an unknown character to most folks. I will give you that. But the DC logo is literally in the trailer. And in what world is DC not a popular brand? 

2 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

I'm assuming that he thinks that I don't like the original Pink Elephant scene. But I don't think I have seen any love or hate for this film. Half of them just seem to like it a bit more than "average" and others a bit less than average. Most of the reviews are in the 4-6/10 range.

And if TimmyRiggins was talking about the new movie, then he assumed that the new Pink Elephants scene is amazing without having seen it.

Are you fucking kidding me man? You haven't even seen the film? And why are you even ASSUMING I didn't see it? I saw the film yesterday, god. You've been acting like a clown on other threads for a while, and now you bring this here? Go away, ugh

Edited by TimmyRiggins
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Nova said:

You can claim that Shazam is an unknown character to most folks. I will give you that. But the DC logo is literally in the trailer. And in what world is DC not a popular brand? 

DC is a msssive brand everywhere bottom line. Things don’t need to be mcu level huge to be popular(not saying you were implying that).

The only issue I’m seeing for Shazam is being lost in the mix of hype between two massive mcu movies. But we’ll see how it plays out cause the budget isn’t huge. 

Edited by cax16
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2