kayumanggi

SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY | 179.1 M overseas ● 392.9 M worldwide

27 minutes ago, pepsa said:

I would say the same atm, once we get the UK, Austrilian and German forcast we will know for sure I think.

Rogue One only opened to a bit less than 135M overseas, and then had winter holiday legs. Solo has no holidays and Jurassic World 2 opening in many markets 2 weeks from now. If Solo is down 30%+ this weekend from R1, I see no way for Justice League numbers to happen, even if the domestic take is not a disaster. Comparisons between Solo and R1 are just going to get worse as we get farther along. 

1 minute ago, kswiston said:

Rogue One only opened to a bit less than 135M overseas, and then had winter holiday legs. Solo has no holidays and Jurassic World 2 opening in many markets 2 weeks from now. If Solo is down 30%+ this weekend from R1, I see no way for Justice League numbers to happen, even if the domestic take is not a disaster. Comparisons between Solo and R1 are just going to get worse as we get farther along. 

I agree, that why I said I am 90% sure. That's pretty high. Once we have Ger, UK, Au numbers, if they are down 30% - 35% it won't go over $300m OS and Dom isn't looking like $350m. If Dom opens to 120m 4-day it has (almost) no chance to get to JL.

I say almost because you are never 100% sure, it could connect with audiences (even though nothing indicates that it will). But I would say 98% sure.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nova said:

Are we really looking at a situation where a Deadpool Sequel makes more than a Star Wars film both OS and Domestic  :ph34r:

Yup; and we could also be looking at a situation where Ready Player One and a couple of Chinese originals outgross a Star Wars film both OS and WW :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Yup; and we could also be looking at a situation where Ready Player One and a couple of Chinese originals outgross a Star Wars film both OS and WW :ph34r:

Good cause that makes boxoffice interesting. :)

Edited by Valonqar

Just now, John Marston said:

Last years Pirates 5 which was considered a disappointment made more overseas than what Solo will make worldwide 

I actualy like Pirates 5, thought it redeemed itself. And I am hoping for another pirate movie.

I don't know if this will have an impact on cinema ticket sales but it's worth noting that the Champions League final between Real Madrid and Liverpool is happening this Saturday. I think a lot of people in Europe will watch that rather than Solo.

Brace for impending doom...

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1

Solo bookings are open at most of the plexes in my place. 

70-80 shows has been alloted overall in a metropolis like bangalore wonder how many shows it has around other metro cities in india!

Most of plexes have zero bookings while a handful has few booked...say 5%...best ones are 9AM show tomo 16/169 and 10AM show in another plex 21/192.

• ...wtf 1

Actually general audience doesn't like killing main and favorite characters.  And all new Star Wars are based on that idea. I can imagine outcry here if Disney would decide to make another Pirates of the Caribbean movie and kill Jack Sparrow in it. 

• Like 1