kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

14 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I'm gonna say no. Score is pretty tight already with 4 locks (Goransson, Newton Howard, and Trent/Reznor double nom). 5th nom will go to someone like Desplat. 

Remember the academy "owes" Wonder Woman and this year they will need as much help they can get. If someone like freaking Zimmer gets "among his best scores" notices for this one can see an upset coming.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Remember the academy "owes" Wonder Woman and this year they will need as much help they can get. If someone like freaking Zimmer gets "among his best scores" notices for this one can see an upset coming.

They don't have to owe Wonder Woman anything. 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

r/DC_Cinematic (aka r/SnyderCult) finding this movie "too silly" is probably the best endorsement the movie could get. That Egypt truck chase scene did look really bad though.

IDK how will it be, I liked trailer, excited to see Pedro but post trailer haven't liked anything so far. This above scene is ugh.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

IDK how will it be, I liked trailer, excited to see Pedro but post trailer haven't liked anything so far. This above scene is ugh.

Have to say that this scene kinda lessened my excitement. Still very excited but it is something that belongs to mcu. Like there is nothing wrong with it but the campy feel is their region and DC should strive for a different feel.

Edited by TheDarkKnightOfSteel

2 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Still very excited but it is something that belongs to mcu. 

I don't think MCU have scenes this lame, or atleast they don't do it now, especially for a god figure. May be someone grounded like Ant-Man & Spider-Man can do this but then also you have to do that well.

One issue I have with film is continuity. Iirc the whole WW arc in BvS & WW was that she walked away from mankind and kept a low profile. She sit through whole WW2 & Cold War, and now she is being Hero in public 🙄 1984 seems like not the right time to set the film. 2018-19 would have been better IMO.

• Like 2

We have to respect whatever direction the director wanted to take the movie and stop comparing everything to the mcu.

Lighthearted and fun movies with a few cheesy lines isn’t something original to the mcu. 

Seems like Patty wanted some scenes to fit into the 80s aesthetic. I’m assuming this is why some people have said it’s a lot different then the first. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I don't think MCU have scenes this lame, or atleast they don't do it now, especially for a god figure. May be someone grounded like Ant-Man & Spider-Man can do this but then also you have to do that well.

One issue I have with film is continuity. Iirc the whole WW arc in BvS & WW was that she walked away from mankind and kept a low profile. She sit through whole WW2 & Cold War, and now she is being Hero in public 🙄 1984 seems like not the right time to set the film. 2018-19 would have been better IMO.

I didn't think it was great but it's a 40-second clip. I'm sure you can find a 40-second clip of any MCU film that looks lame. Agree on the continuity point. 

Edited by Menor

3 minutes ago, Menor said:

I didn't think it was great but it's a 40-second clip. I'm sure you can find a 40-second clip of any MCU film that looks lame. Agree on the continuity point. 

But this is something marketing has released. Marketing material is supposed to be among better parts of film.

Its very rare a film with bad promos turn out good. Vice-versa happen all the time.

Edited by charlie Jatinder

6 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

But this is something marketing has released. Marketing material is supposed to be among better parts of film.

Its very rare a film with bad promos turn out good. Vice-versa happen all the time.

Fair enough, although I'm still reserving judgment.