grim22

June 23-25 Weekend Thread | TF5 45M, Cars 3 24.0, Wonder Woman 24.9 (10th highest 4th weekend of all time and biggest 4th weekend of 2017)

THG-good

CF-awesome

MJ1-ok i guess

MJ2- Mediocre

I have read the books.What started really strong ended in the most anticlimatic and dissapointing way possible.I got the sense that the writer was just trying to tie up loose ends so she could move on to something new.The resolution of the revolution and final battle was the most underwhelming puece of writing (and eventually filmmaking) in recent memory.

5 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

The first one is the worst, so that's understandable :).

It gets soooo much better with Catching Fire.

Maybe. But the Mockingjay ones just sound terrible. I think I'll live without it.

HG was solid. Catching fire was the best book, so the movie was also great.

Mockingjay should have been a single 3hour movie. Last time I saw MJ1+MJ2 I tried to think if it was possible to edit a single movie, and it really was. With a single MJ movie Prim's fate would have been more poignant. The same with Peeta's arch, Boggs... And more important: Coin's character motivations would have been more shocking

6 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

The Mockingjay ones are great, honestly.  They get a bad rep, but I think they're both really solid films.

Eh. They just don't interest me. I've got plenty of other things to watch.

38 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

THG-good

CF-awesome

MJ1-ok i guess

MJ2- Mediocre

I have read the books.What started really strong ended in the most anticlimatic and dissapointing way possible.I got the sense that the writer was just trying to tie up loose ends so she could move on to something new.The resolution of the revolution and final battle was the most underwhelming puece of writing (and eventually filmmaking) in recent memory.

the battle in the city in general looked like they ran of out budget, ie it was all off screen

3 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

The second is the only good one.

I'll be honest, I trust you more than TOG.

Case settled. No more THG for me.

Edited by aabattery
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Telemachos said:

I literally had to think for a minute about whether I saw MJ1 or not. (I have seen it.) Never got around to MJ2 though.

MJ2 is far superior. I love the film. 

MJ1, aside from its intriguing themes (which are often executed in a far too average manner) and one absolutely stunning sequence, is a bore. If MJ1/MJ2 were condensed into a single film, it could have been a devastatingly powerful film. What a shame. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

THG-good

CF-awesome

MJ1-ok i guess

MJ2- Mediocre

THG - B+

CF - A

MJ1 - C

MJ2 - A-

I found the ending of MJ2 to be brilliant. I loved how quiet and reflective it was. 

• Like 2

After reading the Hunger Games for my first time this past couple of weeks the film really dropped the ball. The book was pretty fantastic and the movie was just a sanitized version of what the book was.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, baumer said:

After reading the Hunger Games for my first time this past couple of weeks the film really dropped the ball. The book was pretty fantastic and the movie was just a sanitized version of what the book was.

The first movie is a missed oportunity to be gorgeous given the source material.

• Like 2