Finnick

MOEDAY NUMBERS (Chapter Two) : APES:$5.79M | SMH:$5.46M | DM3 2.6M | BD 1.2M | WW: 875k

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

I wonder if audiences are going to have Spider-Man fatigue, with him appearing in three different movies in the space of two years plus an animated film.

Same as Batman in 16-17, so we will see if there is Batman fatigue in JL.

So Spider-man dropped 55% from last Monday.  That's a horrible drop.

Transformers dropped 51% from last Monday.  Also horrible.

WW drops 26% from last Monday which is insane 

BD also has a light drop from last Monday with 28.5%....

I saw Apes today and I get why perhaps the WOM isn't all that great.  I found this one to be kind of slow and really not very entertaining.  I get what they were trying to do but the movie is pretty depressing at times.

• Like 7

That Apes number is not good. I think Dunkirk will take away adult males this weekend. 

Spidey's number is what it is. It's not going to drop another 60% of course. Should drop 49-53%. 

WW, DM3 and BD numbers are good.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, baumer said:

I saw Apes today and I get why perhaps the WOM isn't all that great.  I found this one to be kind of slow and really not very entertaining.  I get what they were trying to do but the movie is pretty depressing at times.

Apes is probably the most bleak blockbuster since I don't even know. It would have easily been R rated if it wasn't Apes

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

WTF.  Girls Trip is getting Cinemark XD on Thursday Night at my theater.  Not Dunkirk, not Valerian, but fucking GIRLS TRIP.  Why the fuck would you show a movie like that in PLF?

So you can HEAR the piss falling from the sky into the crowd :redcapes: 

12 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

In what world does 275M+ DOM mean a bad run?? Especially for the 6th Spider-Man movie in 15 years? Sure, its hold could be better, but this movie still makes shitloads of money.

For a Spidey film to be that low it is pretty bad. How the mighty have fallen. Marvel's once most popular SH can't sniff at BvS or SS that had toxic WoM. Wow. That sounds like MCU admitting defeat if we set the bar that low.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Steele131 said:

Apes is probably the most bleak blockbuster since I don't even know. It would have easily been R rated if it wasn't Apes

There were a few times when I almost had to close my eyes.....not a very fun movie to sit through.  

3 hours ago, jj99 said:

Spidey is having an average run. Not terrible and also not spectacular.

Spidey had a monster opening day.  Every day since then has been pretty disappointing.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

WTF.  Girls Trip is getting Cinemark XD on Thursday Night at my theater.  Not Dunkirk, not Valerian, but fucking GIRLS TRIP.  Why the fuck would you show a movie like that in PLF?

So not only is this not getting an Imax release but it won't be getting a proper plf 3d release. Majority of the screenings will be on shitty 3d screens, which will not do it any favours. Way to go Besson.

TBH, it feels like everyone in North America is ganging up to ensure its swift demise because it's outside of the system and they have no stake whatsoever in it.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

Spidey is having a bad run. It had a decent OW, so respectable numbers were expected but every day goes past it's becoming from a meh run to a clearly disappionting one. Will crawl past 300m and confirm secohd tier SH status. Sad for the character. From one of the most popular SH it became a has been that can't ignite box office.

So Batman is second tier too?

13 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Do you understand cinema economics? PLF type screens are often in the largest auditoriums in a cinemaplex. Someone at that theater or chain thinks more people will turn out for the late night Girls Trip showing  than a late night Dunkirk showing. I'm not sure where you live; but I could definitely see that being the case in some cities such as Atlanta, Chicago and New York.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, baumer said:

Pretty sure I mentioned in Apes thread that this will struggle to top rise as it ain't fun for the public. Dawn might have gotten excellent reviews (I liked it a lot), but the average moviegoer didn't really like it that much. That and this being bleaker than dawn doesn't help its BO prospects. Will catch it though sometime this week.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

Spidey had a monster opening day.  Every day since then has been pretty disappointing.

True, but after Apes run, we may rethink how disappointing Spidey's is...Spidey beating it all day today on Movietickets and many times on Pulse is a bad sign, since it beat Spidey by $12M this weekend ($7M in real weekend funds)...

Maybe movie goers are running out of summer funds:)...

1 minute ago, LonePirate said:

Do you understand cinema economics? PLF type screens are often in the largest auditoriums in a cinemaplex. Someone at that theater or chain thinks more people will turn out for the late night Girls Trip showing  than a late night Dunkirk showing. I'm not sure where you live; but I could definitely see that being the case in some cities such as Atlanta, Chicago and New York.

I live in Baltimore (where it make sense for a movie like that to be popular), but still: It's a comedy.  PLF showings make little sense for it.

In other news, the AMC FINALLY posted a good 8:15 PM showing for Valerian in recliner seating, so guess that's when I'm going!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

True, but after Apes run, we may rethink how disappointing Spidey's is...Spidey beating it all day today on Movietickets and many times on Pulse is a bad sign, since it beat Spidey by $12M this weekend ($7M in real weekend funds)...

Maybe movie goers are running out of summer funds:)...

Saying Apes is doing poorly doesn't mean Spidey is doing well.  

• Like 5