CJohn

DUNKIRK WEEKEND THREAD | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS | Official estimates Dunkirk 50.5M, GT 30.3M, SMH 22M, Apes 20.4M, Val 17M | Wonder Woman is the new summer champ with 389M total | Summer Sale is Live!

Solid Friday for Dunkirk. I didn't expect 50m so it is already passing my expectations. 

And for what it's worth mods, the recommend feature is great for those of us that want the numbers discussion 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Alli said:

Nobody would hire her in "challenging" roles. that's why the rom-com route

I can't believe people think she can act.

Or maybe she didn't try hard enough. She typecasted herself into the genre anyway.

14 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Probably heh. There was that time where she was trying to be the next Julia Roberts with movies that were like Roberts vehicles (The Wedding Planner/My Best Friend's Wedding, Enough/Sleeping with the Enemy, Maid in Manhattan/Pretty Woman) yet none were as successful or did much of anything for her.

Those films were successful for the most part though, and Lopez could demand a good paycheck at one point. The well eventually dried up, like it always does though. 

Huge IMAX share. WOM for the true IMAX experience is going to be off the charts I think. Even if you don't like Nolan's decisions on the characters or story, the IMAX experience on this one is incredible. You can't beat having 75% of the movie fill that giant 1.43 screen with crystal clear quality. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

TFW you're spot on for WW :ohmygod: 

Congrats on not underestimating Wonder Woman for the first time! Week 8 and I think you're starting to get the hang of this!

Peace,

Mike

:P (Just poking fun; you're awesome)

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

So not-so-hot frontloaded # for Dunkirk after all.

Meh.

I guess this summer will only be remembered for Wonder Woman 's historic, unexpectedly long & sexy legs and GOTGV2's expectedly solid improvement over V1 and...pretty much nothing else.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Deadline going with 19.7 for Dunkirk and 11.7 for GT as per their latest update. 

http://deadline.com/2017/07/dunkirk-valerian-girls-trip-weekend-box-office-opening-1202132847/

that is real off from initial estimate $22m, never a disappointment if I'd never hyped by thrusday-preview's number

3 minutes ago, MikeQ said:

Congrats on not underestimating Wonder Woman for the first time! Week 8 and I think you're starting to get the hang of this!

Peace,

Mike

:P (Just poking fun; you're awesome)

Well, I did overestimate its OW by 3M :redcapes: 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cochofles said:

So not-so-hot frontloaded # for Dunkirk after all.

Meh.

I guess this summer will only be remembered for Wonder Woman 's historic, unexpectedly long & sexy legs and GOTGV2's expectedly solid improvement over V1 and...pretty much nothing else.

The fuck? Let's allow the weekend the play out and see what kind of legs Dunkirk has before making statements like that one.

• Like 1