CJohn

DUNKIRK WEEKEND THREAD | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS | Official estimates Dunkirk 50.5M, GT 30.3M, SMH 22M, Apes 20.4M, Val 17M | Wonder Woman is the new summer champ with 389M total | Summer Sale is Live!

15 minutes ago, Fielding said:

Thanks to Wonder Woman and Dunkirk's big debut, Warner Bros has now crossed the $1 billion mark domestically for the 17th straight year, a record streak.

http://www.thewrap.com/wonder-woman-warner-bros/

Curious to know if this is the earliest they have done it. Took 7 months. There previous summer monsters (Potter8, Nolan-man) released in mid-July so made a lot of the mullah in August. Also had Lego Bat and Kong doing 330+ combined pre-summer (same as BVS dom which also was pre-summer last year).

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

BAD MOMS did 4.76x ... insane isn't it?

GT (assuming 31 ow opposed to 30.3 cause Rth says it held better on Sunday):

3.0x 93

3.5x 108.5

4.0x 124 [well above BAD MOMS (113.3), close to Ghostbusters and CI]

4.5x 139.5 [above TF5, GB, CI]

5.0x 155 [above APES3, CARS3]

huh this place looks a lot different. People thought I was way off when I said Wonder Woman could win the summer after that weekend (I saw the headline on another site). Only thing I thought that could stand in it's way was Homecoming. WOM was too good.

June 2nd:
Me: 

Think GOTG2, Spiderman or WW wins the summer.I think people are overestimating Despicable Me 3 here again. Maybe I'm way off though.

Another User: how could WW win Summer? it won't earn much more than 325m total domestic with a 90m+ opening , it may not even reach 300m

Me: Could be a WOM legs thing if other big genre releases also disappoint.

Congrats to it, deserves it as far as the blockbuster stuff! Don't see anything else beating it that's upcoming.

•  
Edited by somebody85
  • Like 2

So...Gravity did 55 ow / 275 odd Dom for nearly 5x.

I think Dunkirk will be closer to 3.5x but for the sake of argument:

(using 50.7 ow)

Multi    Dom 

3.00    152.10
3.25    164.78
3.50    177.45
3.75    190.13
4.00    202.80
4.25    215.48
4.50    228.15

4.75    240.83
5.00    253.50

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

According to rTH, Girl's Trip is going to increase from Sunday estimates.  We could be looking at a WOM monster here.

Do you know if Dunkirk and Valerian will mostly stay the same?

Edit: Nevermind, just saw Empire's post.

Edited by grey ghost

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Do you know if Dunkirk and Valerian will mostly stay the same?

He didn't mention anything about them. Sorry buddy.

I find dunkirk is more suitable to be released on November than interstellar.

The release of Dunkirk could coincidence with Veteran Day and greater review could give it some oscar bump.... 

Edited by titanic2187
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

And you are the Award Winner Funniest Poster of the Year. Clearly, everyone makes mistakes once in a while :ph34r:

Yes. Including the mod who bribed people to vote for me. :sparta:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

DM3 does not deserve the success it's having. It is mind numbingly boring and lazy.

I picked this pre-summer over $300M and I don't want it to have the success it's having - I'd much rather I be spectacularly wrong than this inch up towards that number b/c I don't want any more lazy, forced movies - I want a return to quality in the franchise if they are gonna continue with it...this movie is anything but quality...

So, I am hoping Emoji cracks it, unless Emoji is an even worse movie than DM3 is...that would be hard b/c DM3 isn't better than Smurfs was...and Emoji at least looks better in recent trailers than that one...

I join WoH in thinking (and hoping) DM3 is FINALLY coming in for a big drop this weekend...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

According to rTH, Girl's Trip is going to increase from Sunday estimates.  We could be looking at a WOM monster here.

Could happen. But Uni still estimated GT to have the biggest sunday drop by far in Top 8 so therefor made it much easier to have a great sunday increase from estimates

up a mill from estimates still gives it a 26-27% sunday drop. Pretty standart

• Like 2

1 hour ago, the beast said:

How Much Could Dunkirk Make Today? $6M?

Depends on the Sunday #, but wouldn't be surprised by a 55% drop or somewhere around those parts. Gonna have some good weekday numbers (Tuesday bump aside) strengthened by IMAX

18 minutes ago, fmpro said:

Could happen. But Uni still estimated GT to have the biggest sunday drop by far in Top 8 so therefor made it much easier to have a great sunday increase from estimates

up a mill from estimates still gives it a 26-27% sunday drop. Pretty standart

Assuming actuals will be close to Friday and Saturday's estimates and assuming it gets a $8.56M Sunday, its Sunday drop will be closer to 23%

Edited by BenedictL11

Interstellar added $15.7 million over the three-day weekend, which was actually up three percent from the previous week. IMAX accounted for $5.7 million, or 36 percent. So far, the Christopher Nolan sci-fi epic has grossed $147 million, and remains on track for over $170 million total

The most impressive part of interstellar in its box office run was its IMAX share, I don't expect any kind of wide-conventional release could get 36% of IMAX share, even DUnkirk

4 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Interstellar added $15.7 million over the three-day weekend, which was actually up three percent from the previous week. IMAX accounted for $5.7 million, or 36 percent. So far, the Christopher Nolan sci-fi epic has grossed $147 million, and remains on track for over $170 million total

The most impressive part of interstellar in its box office run was its IMAX share, I don't expect any kind of wide-conventional release could get 36% of IMAX share, even DUnkirk

As we go further along, the IMAX percentage share will increase just as it did for Interstellar. Curious to see how much impact IMAX will have later in the film's run.