Alli

Weekend Thread. Dark Tower 19.5...Dunkirk 17.6....Emoji 12.3...Girls Trip 11.4 not sure what page| Not the sex thread

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Neon is saying Ingrid Goes West opens "everywhere" August 25 (it opens in limited release next weekend). Who knows what they mean by that. They seem to be giving it a stronger marketing push than they did for Colossal, at least (I've seen the trailer with half the movies I've seen the past two months).

I think it hits about 800 theaters on the 25th and expands to 1,200+ on September 1 if it performs well.

20 minutes ago, YourMother said:

March 23rd 2018 has three very interesting films that are sequels/adaptations that no one cares about: Robin Hood v PRU v Gnomes.

19 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Tomb Raider will probably ending up being number 1 for a second week. 

All sacrificial lambs to Ready Player One.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I anticipate the next Deep Wang update because tickets for Logan Lucky and Hitman's Bodyguard went on sale together.

I assume you will have to wait until next Monday.

26 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Crazy that we live in a time where the possibility of fudging a Spider-Man/Iron Man film set in the MCU and with a 90-plus RT score in order for it to reach 300 million is real. 

The last Spiderman film made a bit over 200m and cost 100m more than SMHC.

This is fine.

Edited by AJG
  • Like 1

Just now, grim22 said:

How shitty must the numbers be? Deadline hasn't bothered with a mid day update yet, they normally go at noon and it is past 1 now.

Summer is over. By the time we reach LD weekend we will be waiting for Saturday morning to get some numbers.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Summer is over. By the time we reach LD weekend we will be waiting for Saturday morning to get some numbers.

Thing is DHD has always done noon updates even in the fall.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

Just now, grim22 said:

How shitty must the numbers be? Deadline hasn't bothered with a mid day update yet, they normally go at noon and it is past 1 now.

Shittier than we expect? At least for new releases. Holdovers should hold well based on Thursday.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, grim22 said:

You missed my whole "no online discount" codes thing, right...it's probably making it a pain to judge the weekend b/c no one's ever quantified how much those universal codes push the market:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, XO21 said:

$250m would be solid for Venom...but depends on reviews and budget 

A Venom movie with Rothman at the helm? Have you seen his list of superhero blunders?

6 minutes ago, XO21 said:

$250m would be solid for Venom...but depends on reviews and budget 

Animated Spider-Man has more of a chance for $200M than Venom does.

• Like 1