Alli

Weekend Thread. Dark Tower 19.5...Dunkirk 17.6....Emoji 12.3...Girls Trip 11.4 not sure what page| Not the sex thread

3 minutes ago, That Floating Guy said:

That sounds like a blast to me, don't know what's so bad about that description

I've also just been hearing that it's a straight up incompetent production (at least from the effects side of things) with money just being wasted left and right

11 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Those people also believe Santa and the Easter Bunny are real.
butler.png

I heard the "this will secretly be the next LOTR" nonsense enough to irritate the heck out of me. The project never sounded great even before the awful trailers. They are lucky it won't open under 12mil.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

I've also just been hearing that it's a straight up incompetent production (at least from the effects side of things) with money just being wasted left and right

Holy shit, there's only so much my dick can handle in one evening.  This sounds fantastic.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 2

8 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Genuinely bad. Hearing "Sharknado without the self awareness", and effects nearly as bad despite a budget many times the size.

The problem with the Sharknado films is they constantly make you aware they're made a bad film

Edited by DAR
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, That Floating Guy said:

Except this is a comedy role where he has a major role with Samuel L. Jackson.  Sounds far more appealing than him being a side character to Gyllenhaal in a serious sci-fi movie and dying 30 minutes in.

Wow thanks for the spoiler tag, guy

12 minutes ago, DAJK said:

If Meg is as awful as I hear it is, no way in hell. 

MEG doesn't come out for another year.  How can you possibly know if it's any good at this point? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

The film's not out for another year but I doubt any amount of reshoots could save it. The budget is $150m!

• Like 1

Just now, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

MEG doesn't come out for another year.  How can you possibly know if it's any good at this point? 

My uncle's been working on the project for a while in the special effects department. So yea I don't know for sure the movie as a whole, but he's had unfinished scenes sent to him and the team with him and he just says he's blown away how awful it is.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

12 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Also holy I got the trailer for Only he Brave at Dark Tower. Ohmygod that looks awesome, and could hit a lot of people close to home especially in my province where tens of thousands of people have left their homes due to wildfires.

Really hope it's a wide release. Think it could have a solid 15/50 run

Yep, I liked that trailer too.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Um those are crap numbers.

Whats with the big drop for Girls Trip?

Plus, that's awful for Atomic Blonde.

Actually alright for Kidnap. 

They just pulled them out of their asses and right down on paper... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

Yep, I liked that trailer too.

I'm honestly wondering if it's any good if it could be somewhat of a Deepwater Horizon at the box office. Hopefully with a much lower budget though :lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

My uncle's been working on the project for a while in the special effects department. So yea I don't know for sure the movie as a whole, but he's had unfinished scenes sent to him and the team with him and he just says he's blown away how awful it is.

My apologies.....I didn't realize you had an inside source.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1