Alli

Weekend Thread. Dark Tower 19.5...Dunkirk 17.6....Emoji 12.3...Girls Trip 11.4 not sure what page| Not the sex thread

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Meg and Geostorm are the side of Kevin that make you question how he's in charge of WB :lol: 

Our boy WeneedtotalkaboutKevin must be rubbing his hands with gleam at the possibility of a disastrous Warner Bros film... :P

Geostorm is a Skydance film that WB is only distributing and they moved three times, I suspect they know it's crap but they have take a bath on it;

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Our boy WeneedtotalkaboutKevin must be rubbing his hands with gleam at the possibility of a disastrous Warner Bros film... :P

Geostorm is a Skydance film that WB is only distributing and they moved three times, I suspect they know it's crap but they have take a bath on it;

On the bright side he only stans against the more successful ones so Ninjago and JL will do boffo numbers.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wonder which film will take the Summer 2018 crown: Infinity War, Deadpool 2, Fallen Kingdom, Incredibles 2, or Han Solo.

I think Incredibles 2 has a decent chance of taking the crown.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

Just now, YourMother said:

On the bright side he only stans against the more successful ones so Ninjago and JL will do boffo numbers.

Pretty sure he was championing a bunch of other movies against Wonder Woman during the beginning of its run.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, That Floating Guy said:

It's on home video, spoilers are fair game

Yeah but it's not Goodfellas or Raiders of the Lost Ark or something, it came out a few months ago and was barely seen by anyone.

Even after Dark Tower there will still be people who inexplicably think that Sony can make Venom a huge hit. Dark Tower will be all the more embarrassing when fellow King adaptation IT explodes next month with a 45+mil opening (I'm very bullish and predicting 70+mil).

And I'm not a bored person like WeNeedtotalkAboutKevin. I'm not hoping Sony fails, I just think they will mostly continue failing for years to come.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

Pretty sure he was championing a bunch of other movies against Wonder Woman during the beginning of its run.

Yep. And they all (except for Spider-Man) underperformed to general expectations or did average business. He is stanning for Bumblebee because it opens against Aquaman.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

Honestly, I can't wait for disasters like Geostorm and Meg etc. Something like Dark Tower bombing is so disappointing because there could have been so much potential for sequels etc if they had made a great movie.

But shit like Geostorm etc. I just wanna watch it burn

16 minutes ago, That Floating Guy said:

Considering how well it did in foreign grosses, how it does domestically is not what it has to worry about.  It's still made more than 3x its budget worldwide and will likely turn a profit for Disney

If we compare with an other movie that made most of is business oversea and did not had much of a great reception like Amazing SpiderMan 2

Amazing spider-man 2

Domestic:  $202,853,933    28.6%
Foreign:  $506,128,390    71.4%

= Worldwide:  $708,982,323  

Net production budget: 264m (312.25 million gross budget before tax credit) with 44.25 million going into participation bonus, making it effectively an over 300 million net budget.

Domestic marketing expense:

- theatrical: 70.9m

- home video: 14.27m

Domestic Prints: 8.46m

Domestic others release cost: 5.25m

Was expected to do around 14.5m for the studio (and loose third party investor/partner's around 5 million), they have a low consumer product revenue because of the marvel deal (they received around 25m from Marvel for making movies) for a movie like that.

That was a 335 million production budget + theatrical domestic marketing (nearly 380 with bonuses), 55 million more expensive than Pirates, if those really reasonable number for the production (230m) and marketing budget (50m) of Pirates 5 are close to the truth, it does not look bad with that performance (and it still made 3.7m last weekend, so maybe it could reach 785):

Pirates 5

Domestic:  $171,157,528    22.1%
Foreign:  $604,901,687    77.9%

= Worldwide:  $776,059,215  

Is bigger oversea performance more than compensate for is 31m less dbo, being considerably cheaper and being in total control of the merchandising would obviously help also.

I would like to see how much gross point Depp&Bruckheimer and how much it help with Pirates special ancillary revenue like the park attraction before calling it a success, but I suspect it has done ok.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

It's been on HV for about as month now.  

I'm not debating what the rules of the forum are, I'm just saying it's not like it's been out forever and was some smash hit that everyone's seen.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Even after Dark Tower there will still be people who inexplicably think that Sony can make Venom a huge hit. Dark Tower will be all the more embarrassing when fellow King adaptation IT explodes next month with a 45+mil opening (I'm very bullish and predicting 70+mil).

Nope. Jumanji will be their next big hit. (I would've said The Star a few months ago but that trailer convinced me otherwise quickly).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filmnerdjamie said:

Would not surprise me in the slightest about Meg. Hell King Arthur: Legend of the Sword was reshot top to bottom. Twice. 

And the less said about Justice League, the better.

There's only one King Arthur released in 2017 and it's this one 

MV5BY2ZhNmQ1OWItNWZlNC00ZTFiLWEyZWQtZjc3

:ph34r:

1 minute ago, MOVIEGUY said:

I'm not debating what the rules of the forum are, I'm just saying it's not like it's been out forever and was some smash hit that everyone's seen.

Fair enough.  You're right.