Alli

Weekend Thread. Dark Tower 19.5...Dunkirk 17.6....Emoji 12.3...Girls Trip 11.4 not sure what page| Not the sex thread

13 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Are they at that special of a level ?

According to this:

http://www.boxofficereport.com/trailerviews/trailerviews.html

Youtube views of upcoming release (In millions):

Thor: Ragnarok (Disney) ** 79.973
Justice League (Warner Bros.) ** 68.772
Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Disney) 45.325
IT (Warner / New Line) ** 41.37
Blade Runner 2049 (Warner Bros.) 33.677
Black Panther (Disney) 32.218
Kingsman: The Golden Circle (Fox) 27.612
Annabelle: Creation (Warner / New Line) 18.973
Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (Sony / Columbia) 18.629
The Dark Tower (Sony / Columbia) 17.578
Pitch Perfect 3 (Universal) 15.079
The Nut Job 2: Nutty By Nature (Open Road) 15.031
Kidnap (Aviron Pictures) 14.065
Coco (Disney) 11.309
The LEGO Ninjagoovie (Warner Bros.) ** 10.671
Jigsaw (Lionsgate) * 9.652

1.5x more bigger than Kingsman, but Kingsman open 2 week after.

1.22x more than Blade Runner that open a full month after.

What OW do people have in mind for those 2 movie ? Thor as double of view and open just in november, and the last Thor movie had that an 85 million OW.

It is big as a phenomenon, but 60-70m  seem more than 80m+ imo.

130m+ on Facebook alone

5 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

That's YT+FB+Twitter. According to Boxoffice report, YT views are much more reliable than others for dom box office, seen by box office performance of F8.

It's also a WW number.  And if you look at the WW numbers for F8, it did quite well.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, filmnerdjamie said:

Frankly... Detroit feels like the GA pushing back against Hollywood's lecturing them, in this case on race relations. 

They looked at Moonlight and everyone I've spoken to reacted with, "Really... THAT won instead of La La Land?!" which in itself was a response to the "Oscars So White" nonsense. Nonsense because they refused to acknowledge how something like 12 Years a Slave, a masterpiece acknowledged by every race from black, brown, white.. Hell even Tangerine (kidding... but you get my point), dominated at the Oscars the year before that.

Not saying Bigelow and her film were "talking down" to us dumb audiences. I haven't seen it and she's never been a filmmaker to do that. But it's just the perception that it is and the GA just said "Fuck you, you're not getting my money" and will instead opt for Dunkirk and/or Girls Trip.

Man I wish Tangerine had dominated at the Oscars. Love that movie.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, grey ghost said:

If they took Dark Tower seriously there's no way it would've flopped this bad.

Who was this movie made for? Minorities? Hardcore Dark Tower fans? Families?

By trying to appeal to all three, they alienated all of them.

Uhhh... are you saying that by casting Elba as the lead, that was them chasing after minorities?

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

However you look at it, IT generated a lot of on line viewing when the trailer first broke.

True. But that doesn't mean all those that viewed the trailer plan on checking out the movie. I know some who watched it for the sheer fact the original scared them when they were younger and have no plans to actually see this adaptation. 

Just now, Blankments said:

Uhhh... are you saying that by casting Elba as the lead, that was them chasing after minorities?

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

You know this would be brought up if he was cast as Bond. It's sadly just part of it. 

• Like 1

Every time the name Moonlight comes up, it's hard for me to keep my mouth shut.....but that win for best picture is such a joke.....I mean, LLL wins 6 Oscars including best director and then they give it that bland ridiculous movie....OOOPS I did it again.  Sorry.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rman823 said:

True. But that doesn't mean all those that viewed the trailer plan on checking out the movie. I know some who watched it for the sheer fact the original scared them when they were younger and have no plans to actually see this adaptation. 

Yes, I understand that there won't be 197 million people going to see IT.  :sparta:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

Never underestimate the marketing muscle of Warner Bros, they did wonders for Wonder Woman and Dunkirk and they'll likely do the same for IT.

And then Ninjago.

• Like 1

Just now, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

Yes, I understand that there won't be 197 million people going to see IT.  :sparta:

I'm just saying I don't always trust trailer views. Even if they are record breaking. I'm just hoping for the best.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, filmlover said:

I think they should've chosen something that was less of tightrope to walk for their first release tbh. This was always gonna be a tough balancing act even for a much more established studio.

Well if that Wonder Woman movie is solid, I could definitely see it making a solid 70M or more at the B.O.

3 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

Don't need everyone to show up. 9 million tickets will get an opening around $85 million. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

Every time the name Moonlight comes up, it's hard for me to keep my mouth shut.....but that win for best picture is such a joke.....I mean, LLL wins 6 Oscars including best director and then they give it that bland ridiculous movie....OOOPS I did it again.  Sorry.  

Moonlight is a near-masterpieces. but its just not for you, its not for blockbuster-lovers, its challenging cinema, for people who are open to acuatlly use they brain and think. im not surprised user from this forum hate it with all respect to this forum but we all know what kinds of film you guys like.

Edited by Damianport1

Just now, Damianport1 said:

Moonlight is a near-masterpieces. but its just not for you, its not for blockbuster-lovers, its challenging cinema, for people who are open to acuatlly use they brain and think. im not surprised user from this forum hate it.

I like plenty of movies that make me think.  That movie made me think it was a piece of dung.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Astonished 1

10 hours ago, filmnerdjamie said:

They looked at Moonlight and everyone I've spoken to reacted with, "Really... THAT won instead of La La Land?!" which in itself was a response to the "Oscars So White" nonsense.

Who do you talk to? I don't know a single person who loved Blah Blah Bland. And I have a lot of friends who happen to be white women...

Just now, Damianport1 said:

Moonlight is a near-masterpieces. but its just not for you, its not for blockbuster-lovers, its challenging cinema, for people who are open to acuatlly use they brain and think. im not surprised user from this forum hate it.

C'mon now.

Nope-GIF-Image-for-Whatsapp-and-Facebook

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

It's also a WW number.  And if you look at the WW numbers for F8, it did quite well.

That's why I said dom market and not worldwide. And people here are predicting Domestic total for IT not Worldwide. I still think if IT got above 60% on RT, it will pull up mini BatB. One blockbuster hit b/w now and november will be good.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Damianport1 said:

Moonlight is a near-masterpieces. but its just not for you, its not for blockbuster-lovers, its challenging cinema, for people who are open to acuatlly use they brain and think. im not surprised user from this forum hate it with all respect to this forum but we all know what kinds of film you guys like.

LMAO. 

• Like 1