Alli

Weekend Thread. Dark Tower 19.5...Dunkirk 17.6....Emoji 12.3...Girls Trip 11.4 not sure what page| Not the sex thread

24 minutes ago, Damianport1 said:

i really like this forum, its my second most favorite behind Awards Watch (i cant think of any other good film forum anyway) but its not mystery that 90% people from here are watching only loud blockbuster and their most favored film of the year usually is something like Star Wars or Transformers. but i respect it. just not surprised that Moonlight is not very popular here.

19 minutes ago, Blankments said:

it should've gone to American Honey.

Plebians ;) 

One could say this forum is full of casuals.

• Like 2

Rogue One, Finding Dory, SLOP, Suicide Squad, the Jungle Book, Passengers, Don't Breathe, an 8th Graders super 8 film he did as a Christmas project were all better and more worthy than Moonlight.  Independence Day 2 was worse though.  :sparta:

• Astonished 1

4 minutes ago, filmnerdjamie said:

I mean... if any studio blockbuster should have gotten Best Picture last year... The Jungle Book, people.

I agree with this.  But don't tell @Squadron Leader Tele...he hates studio films now.  :redcapes:

1 hour ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

Oh, and American Honey was god-damn brilliant.

America Honey was great, and Sasha Lane gave an Oscar worthy performance,  heck LaBeouf was superb. 

Edited by Fancyarcher

14 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

That's fantastic to read. Ham McConaughey is the best McConaughey.

So now I have two movies on my queue for this weekend thanks to comments on this board. Deep Rising and Reign of Fire lol. 

• Like 1

My biggest issue with Moonlight is that the film transitions to the next act whenever the preceding one is getting great. It's one of those rare instances where an extra 10-15 minutes would have improved the film.

• Like 1

But, that's enough of Moonlight bashing for me....I feel better now.

watched 10 cloverfield lane earlier, now onto another Winstead movie.....Final Destination 3.

Good night now!

• Like 3

Just now, Fancyarcher said:

America Honey was great, and Sasha Lane gave an Oscar worthy performance, heck LaBeouf was superb. 

Labeouf absolutely destroys any of the performances that were up for supporting actor so hard it isn't funny

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Claire of Themyscira said:

Yikes at all this Moonlight discourse.

Didn't you all say it was not going to be remembered?

Yet, here we are talking about it...

I have no idea how it keeps coming up in the weekend threads even. Been getting way more talk now than during its box office run.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fancyarcher said:

America Honey was great, and Sasha Lane gave an Oscar worthy performance, heck LaBeouf was superb. 

2j64s49.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AJ2k said:

So now I have two movies on my queue for this weekend thanks to comments on this board. Deep Rising and Reign of Fire lol. 

Reign of Fire is highly recommended. It's very entertaining. 

• Like 4