Alli

Weekend Thread. Dark Tower 19.5...Dunkirk 17.6....Emoji 12.3...Girls Trip 11.4 not sure what page| Not the sex thread

2 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

No. No they not. Others I like like that one would be Deep Blue Sea, Anaconda, Deep Rising, Lake Placid and Eight Legged Freaks. But, yeah, none of those can touch Tremors or Slither. Honestly, Deepest Bluest ad Anaconda are cut above those but below Tremors and Slither too.

Thanks for reminding me about Deep Rising. I haven't given that movie a spin in a while and it's one of my favorites. "If the cash is there we do not care" 

• Like 3

Warner Bros is going to ramp up the marketing for IT once Annabelle Creation is released, the trailer views have been very strong for a horror film and if WB does a top notch job as they usually do, there's a strong possibility IT can break the September record.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

Maybe great's the wrong word. I meant what before any marketing could have been seen as a realistic opening. 

I do agree that a lot of us have too high expectations, even in a realistic sense(no it doesn't have to open with 50-100mil). I don't predict big numbers for horror movies 99% of the time. I will not predict big numbers for just any horror movie. There are very good reasons that I have a higher threshold for success for this particular film.

For one this is not a 5-10mil blumhouse movie and although I'm sure the marketing isn't going to get up to a 100 million I darn sure don't think they're only going to be spending only 20 million on the marketing. You add in that it is an insanely popular and well-known story and novel/mini-series with massive trailer views then yes I do have higher expectations for this than Rings. I should have higher box office expectations. 40mil is reasonable I think.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 3

No chance in the fucking world that Dunkirk and Girls Trip do that lowly. Dunkirk did O/U 3.5M in the last few days and only went up to 4M on Friday while GT dropped over 60% Friday to Friday (having done 6.3M or something last week) all of a sudden?

None of this is happening.

• Like 1

I want to see It do well but Jesus 80 million OW predictions seem completely unfounded to me.  And setting yourself up to be disappointed.  I'm not saying it can't happen I'm saying there's literally nothing pointing to it.

• Like 2

Just now, Zakiyyah6 said:

I do agree that a lot of us have too high expectations, even in a realistic sense(no it doesn't have to open with 50-100mil). I don't predict big numbers for horror movies 99% of the time. I will not predict big numbers for just any horror movie. There are very good reasons that I have a higher threshold for success for this particular film. For one this is not a 5-10mil blumhouse movie and although I'm sure the marketing isn't going to get up to a 100 million I darn sure don't think they're only going to be spending only 20 million on the marketing. You add in that it is an insanely popular and well-known story and novel/mini-series with massive trailer views then yes I do have higher expectations for this than Rings. I should have higher box office expectations. 40mil is reasonable I think.

I agree with all of this. Which is why I currently have it at 45M. If it were to do something like 60-70M that would be outstanding. But I really don't want to be set up for disappointment if the final OW numbers are something in the 40s which is still great for a film like this. 

• Like 1

When we get tracking for IT? I assume it'll be mid August. 

6 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

I agree with all of this. Which is why I currently have it at 45M. If it were to do something like 60-70M that would be outstanding. But I really don't want to be set up for disappointment if the final OW numbers are something in the 40s which is still great for a film like this. 

Never underestimate the marketing muscle of Warner Bros, they did wonders for Wonder Woman and Dunkirk and they'll likely do the same for IT.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

When we get tracking for IT? I assume it'll be mid August. 

Never underestimate the marketing muscle of Warner Bros, they did wonders for Wonder Woman and Dunkirk and they'll likely do the same for IT.

True, but still better safe than sorry. 

22 minutes ago, AJ2k said:

Thanks for reminding me about Deep Rising. I haven't given that movie a spin in a while and it's one of my favorites. "If the cash is there we do not care" 

WEIRD. Today my boss casually mentioned that his family knows Treat Williams. He joked about prank calling him and pulled up his phone contact. 

Edited by RichWS

59 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I like how IT will be seen as a major flop by this forum when it opens with 40-50M. Funny stuff.

Actually, I won't see it as a disappointment given that it's not going to have a huge budget.  In fact, I highly doubt anyone will unless they're dead set on it opening with more than a certain number.

I'd be happy with at least 30M.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, filmnerdjamie said:

Sticking to my guns (right or wrong), It becomes the highest-grossing (non-adjusted) horror film domestically. 

You think it is gonna beat Sixth Sense? You are wrong.

7 minutes ago, filmnerdjamie said:

Sticking to my guns (right or wrong), It becomes the highest-grossing (non-adjusted) horror film domestically. 

Good for you. I'm sticking with my 75/275mil total prediction. I'm no guts, no glory on this one.

As was mentioned, WB are great at marketing appealing looking genre films with good fanbases to higher than expected openings.