Alli

Weekend Thread. Dark Tower 19.5...Dunkirk 17.6....Emoji 12.3...Girls Trip 11.4 not sure what page| Not the sex thread

1 minute ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

But, that's enough of Moonlight bashing for me....I feel better now.

watched 10 cloverfield lane earlier, now onto another Winstead movie.....Final Destination 3.

Good night now!

Sky High/Final Destination 3 era Winstead is what started my crush on her. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Labeouf absolutely destroys any of the performances that were up for supporting actor so hard it isn't funny

I love how he goes from being so chill to just being outraged & out of his mind. LaBeouf is so great in AH, it's almost insane. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fancyarcher said:

Reign of Fire is highly recommended. It's very entertaining. 

Oh I know, I love that movie. You just reminded me that I hadn't seen it in a while. McConaughey's over the top performance is great to watch. He and Christian Bale play great off one another. 

• Like 2

OT, but since we're talking studios and specifically Disney...

So, you all know I started Luke Cage a few weeks ago...and I've made it through episode 8 of 13 (yeah, I take forever)...and man, this is really the best 1st season supers Netflix show done so far, much better than Daredevil and Jessica Jones...hopefully, it keeps up the pace, but I think they have kept the tension up, the plot pretty tight and moving while delving into all their sub characters in ways that suit and don't detract from the main plot, and the continued surprises - dang:).  I've got 5 episodes to go, but I heartily recommend this show at least through as far as I watched - and I recommend only watching one episode/night - these are not light and fluffy episodes and I think the series is much better when you let it breathe and watch it when you're in the mood...

• Like 1

Just now, AJ2k said:

Oh I know, I love that movie. You just reminded me that I hadn't seen it in a while. McConaughey's over the top performance is great to watch. He and Christian Bale play great off one another. 

Nolan needs to bring them together for a reunion. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

So, you all know I started Luke Cage a few weeks ago...and I've made it through episode 8 of 13 (yeah, I take forever)...and man, this is really the best 1st season supers Netflix show done so far, much better than Daredevil and Jessica Jones...hopefully, it keeps up the pace, but I think they have kept the tension up, the plot pretty tight and moving while delving into all their sub characters in ways that suit and don't detract from the main plot, and the continued surprises - dang:).  I've got 5 episodes to go, but I heartily recommend this show at least through as far as I watched - and I recommend only watching one episode/night - these are not light and fluffy episodes and I think the series is much better when you let it breathe and watch it when you're in the mood...

Keep watching. This is where the show begins going off the rails :lol: 

• Like 2

I still absolutely love Moonlight. One of my absolute favorites from last year. But @Stutterng baumer Denbrough and I have already had the Moonlight debate. And I hope he knows that even if I don't agree, I certainly respect his opinion and would never consider him less intelligent or less a movie fan for those opinions. That's ridiculous.

I think everyone needs to understand that our taste is simply a reflection of our experiences in life. So while I found Moonlight very powerful and moving, I certainly don't expect everyone to feel the same. And when I find myself getting slightly annoyed that it's BP win is being disparaged again, I just try to remind myself that my film DID when best picture! And considering I, too, usually don't care for the BP winners, that's a huge win for me as a movie fan!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

The worst is still yet to come sadly. Both when it comes to Luke Cage and the little show that follows after. The first half of Luke Cage is amazing but it suffers some after a certain character is killed.

• Like 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Keep watching. This is where the show begins going off the rails :lol: 

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!

(I mean, really...that will make me so sad, b/c I'd give it an A so far:)...very few tv shows nowadays I give better than a B- to, so this is such a breath of fresh air:)...

12 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

Rogue One, Finding Dory, SLOP, Suicide Squad, the Jungle Book, Passengers, Don't Breathe, an 8th Graders super 8 film he did as a Christmas project were all better and more worthy than Moonlight.  Independence Day 2 was worse though.  :sparta:

Suicide squad has an oscar so all is good in the world. 

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

McHamoney is fun but not enough Dragons and Bale is a zzzzz.

I'll admit I really enjoy the post-apocalyptic fantasy setting, plus I appreciate that the climax isn't a huge human vs dragon fight, as anti-climatic as that sounds. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Hell or High Water was my favorite of the bunch as well. But I'm very biased as a resident of West Texas. 

That scene where they're running out of the bank after they robbed it and average joe civilians start chasing and shooting at them cracked me up.  So Texas.

And the underrated Ben Foster was highly appreciated.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

I totally believe you. 

I don't know anyone who loved Moonlight either. 

I listen to a podcast and one of the hosts on it absolutely loved Moonlight. I've seen some people on Twitter praise it but very, very few people in my circle of family/friends/co-workers/neighbors have actually seen it.

The Oscars fucking up the Moonlight Best Pic announcement will never NOT be funny!
tucci.png

Instead of being a moron, the announcer should stopped the whole thing after seeing the only words on the paper was "Emma Stone".

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Barnack said:

Are they at that special of a level ?

According to this:

http://www.boxofficereport.com/trailerviews/trailerviews.html

Youtube views of upcoming release (In millions):

Thor: Ragnarok (Disney) ** 79.973
Justice League (Warner Bros.) ** 68.772
Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Disney) 45.325
IT (Warner / New Line) ** 41.37
Blade Runner 2049 (Warner Bros.) 33.677
Black Panther (Disney) 32.218
Kingsman: The Golden Circle (Fox) 27.612
Annabelle: Creation (Warner / New Line) 18.973
Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (Sony / Columbia) 18.629
The Dark Tower (Sony / Columbia) 17.578
Pitch Perfect 3 (Universal) 15.079
The Nut Job 2: Nutty By Nature (Open Road) 15.031
Kidnap (Aviron Pictures) 14.065
Coco (Disney) 11.309
The LEGO Ninjagoovie (Warner Bros.) ** 10.671
Jigsaw (Lionsgate) * 9.652

1.5x more bigger than Kingsman, but Kingsman open 2 week after.

1.22x more than Blade Runner that open a full month after.

What OW do people have in mind for those 2 movie ? Thor as double of view and open just in november, and the last Thor movie had that an 85 million OW.

It is big as a phenomenon, but 60-70m  seem more than 80m+ imo.

Take a look:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_viewed_online_trailers_in_the_first_24_hours

The 2nd place film is 58 million views behind it.  It doesn't just go ahead of many blockbuster films, it fucking obliterates them.  This isn't just average, everyday "oh don't trust the buzz."  This shit right here is far above that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Alli said:

about Meg: don't forget we had 47 meters down which did better than most predicted. There's a market for shark movies. and i don't think 47 was any kind of masterpiece...

Given Meg's budget, it needs to do WAY better then 47 Meters Down at least, though.