CJohn

Obi-Wan Kenobi | Disney+

10 hours ago, Porthos said:

If we want to talk about long-shot bids, what I might be tempted to place a fiver on (at very long odds) is either an Ahsoka Tano or Doctor Aphra movie being the next one officially announced by Lucasfilm, even before a Kenobi one.

My reasoning is several fold.  First, the obvious:  Kathleen Kennedy is under a fair amount of pressure, rightly IMO, to stop hiring white dudes of a geekish background to helm all of her projects.  More to the point, there is a steady undercurrent of "why the hell haven't you hired a woman, anyway?" from prominent voices in both the fan and entertainment communities.

It's getting... talked about above the whisper stage is how I would put it.  And whether some folks here like it or not, the pressure is only going to get stronger.

And while it is more than a bit cliche to say "Welp film stars a woman, guess we'll have a woman to direct it" (as if they couldn't helm a film not starring women :rolleyes:), it is kinda the current trend in Hollywood.

Beyond that, both Ahsoka Tano and Doctor Aphra are rich multi-dimensional characters with VERY interesting stories to be told about them.  That they're two of the absolute fan favorites to come out of the current "expanded universe" of SW lore doesn't hurt one jot.  

Now I'm not saying either are likely.  But if I were to place a bet on a long-shot bid, that's where I'd go.

I would love to see 000 and Two-B on screen.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAR said:

Yeah well up your nose with a rubber hose

Oooh! Oooh! Oooh! Mr Kotter!

Have fond memories of that one growing up.

I remember the episode where Vinnie Barbarino ran for Class President; "Vote For Barbarino;Nobody Gets Hurt".

2 minutes ago, DAR said:

I would love to see 000 and Two-B on screen.  

I can't recall if it's ever been stated how they sound*, but I'd bet Anthony Daniels would get a kick out of playing Triple Zero. :ph34r:

* Yes, I know of the time where Triple Zero impersonated Threepio.  Doesn't fully answer the question though. 

6 hours ago, Avatree said:

Fuck Simon Kinberg, get Joe Johnston to make it as his final movie.

I could name a hundred different movies that Lucasfilm will make before they consider an Ahsoka Tano movie.

Hell, I would give a Jar Jar Binks spinoff a better chance of being produced then a Ahsoka Tano movie.

12 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I can't recall if it's ever been stated how they sound*, but I'd bet Anthony Daniels would get a kick out of playing Triple Zero. :ph34r:

* Yes, I know of the time where Triple Zero impersonated Threepio.  Doesn't fully answer the question though. 

I have to get caught up on Aphra's own series.  But in the first Darth Vader series she was one of the best new characters

20 minutes ago, dudalb said:

This thread has become fan wank, with a remarkable disregard for what the GA, which makes or breaks a SW films, would want to see.

A couple of people opining on admitted long shots does not a fan-wank thread make.

(Also, a film about Black Panther made 700m DOM, I think the idea of what the GA will and will not accept might need to be re-examined)

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Porthos said:

My last comment notwithstanding, just about the only reason I don't give a Fett film a zero percent chance of being made in this post-Solo landscape is that it's been long rumored as Simon Kinberg's baby.

While I think ultimately Josh Trank got fired from what was presumed to be the Fett standalone film all those years ago by announcing to the world that he was in fact Josh Trank, a persistent rumor is that a major reason for him getting jettisoned was Trank and Kinberg not seeing eye-to-eye on the project.

And while now Kinberg is having... difficulties with Dark Phoenix, to put it mildly, he probably still has a decent amount of cache within the halls of Lucasfilm thanks to his work on the animated series Star Wars Rebels.

So if a Fett film ever does get made, it'll be because it has a champion within the halls of LFL.  Which is not a small thing.

That being said, having a Fett film show up on the Disney Streaming Service, with perhaps a limited domestic rollout, might not be the stupidest move ever made.  Depending on the budget and how the streaming landscape looks in, oh say five or six years, having a mid-sized budget film go straight to streaming might not be the scarlet letter of shame it currently seems to be.  Lots can change in a few years.  And something targeted to a more niche audience might make sense.

Or not.  But if anything gets delayed for a long time (and by a long time I mean six or seven years), it's the Fett film.  If it ever gets made.

Do you know something we don't or are you just going by the leaked script? Just wondering as i really want that movie to be good.

Thanks for all your input in Star Wars-related thread by the way, it's much appreciated how you keep an optimistic outlook on things.

28 minutes ago, dudalb said:

This thread has become fan wank, with a remarkable disregard for what the GA, which makes or breaks a SW films, would want to see.

Still as insufferable as ever, I see.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, DAR said:

I have to get caught up on Aphra's own series.  But in the first Darth Vader series she was one of the best new characters

It is so good. Being the only one I manage to stay current with. I haven't even started the second run of Darth Vader yet.

34 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Yes, how dare people talk about movies they'd like to see. We must always, always be serious, and never have any joy or fun when talking about something we love.

Star Wars is serious business and we must never actually enjoy it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Do you know something we don't or are you just going by the leaked script? Just wondering as i really want that movie to be good.

Just a general comment about the reshoot problems and whatnot.  I haven't really been following it except to hear that it's been having some issues BtS.  I wouldn't take my comment as much except to say that it is a bit ironic that Kinberg is having production issues after the fallout between him and Trank.

No idea if the film is any good or not, BTW.  Hope it is, if only for the folks looking forward to it. :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RandomCat said:

It is so good. Being the only one I manage to stay current with. I haven't even started the second run of Darth Vader yet.

Just read the first two trades ‘‘tis very very good 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RandomCat said:

The question is, is it wrong to want her to get her own movie, partly for the anger she would cause some fans for merely existing.

I welcome their tears

• Thanks 2