CJohn

Obi-Wan Kenobi | Disney+

I fully expect Ewan will get his way back into Star Wars. If Lucasfilm decides they should listen more to what fans want then this movie should be fine. Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan is just about the only thing in modern Star Wars that all fans unanimously like. 

6 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

waiting for kathleen kennedy to be fired so a business savvy MAN who listens to fans can take over and correct this error and greenlight a trilogy of obi wan prequel trilogies.

It seems to be a matter of time, unfortunately. Those manchildren will get their way again.

I may disagree with your shade towards an Obi Wan movie specifically but I fully agree with your general point.

Edited by Arlborn

46 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Let the past die. Put it on hold, if you have to.

Basically all the  SW Story Projects have been thrown  into Development Hell.

It's not looking good for Kennedy at Lucasfilms.

I don't share the hate for her shown here, but she made some really bad decisions, particularly on "Solo" (why wait until filming was 90% complete to fire the directors and go back to square one if she thought something was wrong with the footage she was getting?)SHould'nt she have noticied before?)

Bad decisions that high up in the business world have consequences,paritiuclary if it cost the company a lot of money. The film business can be pretty rough;which is why the turnover of people in management positions in the film industry is a lot higher then most industries. "Solo" seemed like a project that could not miss;it missed. People are going to be fired when that happens.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Ewan McGregor when he goes to Disney execs to convince them to make Obi Wan after Christopher Robin is a hit

He should have taken along Winnie The Pooh and his buddies also....

42 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

waiting for kathleen kennedy to be fired so a business savvy MAN who listens to fans can take over and correct this error and greenlight a trilogy of obi wan prequel trilogies.

SOrry, but kissing the butts of the hardcore fans is the worst move the new exec at Lucasfilms could make.THat fans disagree among themselves so much would make it even dumber.

GOd, fans can be arrogant.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

SOrry, but kissing the butts of the hardcore fans is the worst move the new exec at Lucasfilms could make.THat fans disagree among themselves so much would make it even dumber.

i can never tell if you're following the bit or not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, dudalb said:

why did you capitalize the first two letters of each sentence.

Not the slightest bit surprised to see the alleged Fett film put on hold.  Am a little surprised to see the Kenobi one allegedly put on hold.

Still, I would point out one salient fact.  Neither of these films were ever officially announced.  The ones that have been announced are apparently still full systems go.

All things being equal, I still think we'll get that Kenobi film sooner or later.  Perhaps later now.  Any other comments I might have are pretty much just useless noise.  Except for one:

I totally agree with that second point.  I can see how they fell into this Apple-like secrecy trap.  In many ways the fans were demanding it. shouting at the top of their lungs that they DIDN'T want to know what was coming.  And the unprecedented success of TFA's rollout didn't help one jot when it came to restraining this impulse.

But I think the time has come to shed it and embrace a more open path when it comes to marketing/discussing future films/projects.

If it means that a film that gets announced gets cancelled, so be it.  Not much worse than some of the comments already being made.  

So this is a learning experience for all involved.  Now it's time to see if the right lessons are learned.

Obi-Wan was the side story that should have come out after Rogue One. They got cocky and made a film that most people groaned in displeasure at the very idea of. Solo had to be stellar to most to be a hit and most seem to believe that it isn't stellar, including critics.

• Like 1

This was the right move by Kathleen Kennedy and Disney. Us fans have been saying for years - don’t oversaturate the market with Star Wars films. Let it simmer for a few years. It took a poor boxoffice performance to force their hand. I hope there is at least a three year difference between IX and whatever comes next. 

8 hours ago, Arlborn said:

This is the only one of them I could see a good commercial potential for after Solo, it's a shame that it's being put on hold and most likely canceled. I was really looking forward to seeing him as Obi-Wan again actually.

I honestly don’t think the budget would have to be super high either. This one they could totally do for 100M give or take

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Premium George said:

If they make obi wan, make it for less than $100m. OS don't care about this films any more. Spin-offs.

Yeah I really fail to see why this would need a higher budget than Logan if it's keeping him on Tattooine (it's not like Ewan would get paid anywhere near as much as Jackman anyways lmao).