CJohn

Obi-Wan Kenobi | Disney+

22 hours ago, ViewerAnon said:

I remember Ewan saying on a talk show that he didn't see LAST JEDI until Christmas.

I didn't see it until after Christmas, December 26 to be exact

33 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

It's gonna get retconned when you and all your YouTube buddies get Kennedy fired don't worry about it.

Did Kathleen Kennedy intentionally cuck Han Solo with a poor casting choice opposite Donald Glover? My video here:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, captainwondyful said:

That's no fun.  Start the rumor.

1cf.gif

I would love Kasden to do another Western, since I loved both Silvarado and Wyatt Earp, but am not holding my breath.

These two films show Kasden's depth as a writer (though he also directed) since one is a light heatred enormously fun romp (think Raiders of the Lost Ark goes West) and the other a much more serious,darker film about the West (and easily the most accurate telling of the Wyatt Earp story..much more so then Tombstone). But I know that is not going to happen.

4 hours ago, DMan7 said:

So what are the future spinoffs we are looking at here?

Kenobi: A Star Wars Story

Yoda: A Star Wars Story

Fett: A Star Wars Story

Vader: A Star Wars Story

Skywalker: A Star Wars Story

Solo 2: A Star Wars Story

I am kind of surprised that Boba Fett is not getting more buzz...or has his popularity sort of gone down in Star Wars fandom....

Thing is that all the other charecters listed in this list give writers are lot more to work with then Fett does.

Lucas himself was surprised on the fascination with Fett, he admits he created Fett just as a plot device,a throw away character whose only purpose was to further the plot (you needed a bounty hunter to track Solo) and never expected him to become the kind of popular figure he became.

And now TMZ

The next movie in the 'Star Wars Story' franchise will feature Obi-Wan Kenobi -- but it ain't an origin story ... far from it actually.

According to a newly released production bulletin -- obtained by TMZ -- Disney's next foray into their spin-off series appears to be called "Obi-Wan: A Star Wars Story," with a working title of "Joshua Tree." "Return of the Jedi" also used a code name ... "Blue Harvest."

The synopsis reads as follows ... Obi-Wan is on Tatooine being an elusive hermit and stuff, but secretly watches over an infant Luke Skywalker, whom he delivered to his uncle, Owen. Tensions between the local farmers and a tribe of Sand People -- headed by a ruthless war chief -- eventually brings Obi outta hiding ... and into Jedi kickass mode. Scene.

The bulletin lists Stephen Daldry as the director -- he'd been rumored to be in talks for the film, and now it looks like he's attached. The movie's shooting in London at a well-known 'Star Wars' studio, recently used for 'The Last Jedi.' Production is set to begin next spring.

Here's the kicker (maybe) ... fans have been clamoring online for Ewan McGregor to reprise the role of (then-young, now-older) Obi, and he recently said he'd be open to it, but hadn't heard a peep from Lucasfilm ... yet.

http://www.tmz.com/2018/05/17/obi-wan-kenobi-star-wars-story-movie-plot-director-production/

Edited by AJG

4 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

I think it should feature a young like Skywalker....

I think that would set up the film for guranteed success. Also it focuses obi wan failure with anakain 

I don't want an infant Luke though, that's like immediately post-ROTS. I think maybe a 7-8 year old Luke.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

I don't want an infant Luke though, that's like immediately post-ROTS. I think maybe a 7-8 year old Luke.

I am unsure has Luke meant Obi Wan before in person or just knows of him like a dutch uncle lol

but secretly watches over an infant Luke Skywalker

Remember this 4chan leak?

"Lucasfilm is currently underway casting a character so secret that they aren’t even doing it under their own name. The listing is calling for a Caucasian child not much older than a toddler."

The source thought that the casting was for IX but young Luke makes much more sense. perhaps he will play a part in the plot, maybe kidnapped or something? There must be a reason why Owen in ANH didn't want Luke to hang out with Ben Kenobi. 

On 5/17/2018 at 11:00 AM, Arlborn said:

That synopsis looks incredibly made up. Not saying it is actually made up, but it really looks that way.

What gave it away?

According to a newly released production bulletin -- obtained by TMZ -- Disney's next foray into their spin-off series appears to be called "Obi-Wan: A Star Wars Story," with a working title of "Joshua Tree." "Return of the Jedi" also used a code name ... "Blue Harvest."

The synopsis reads as follows ... Obi-Wan is on Tatooine being an elusive hermit and stuff, but secretly watches over an infant Luke Skywalker, whom he delivered to his uncle, Owen. Tensions between the local farmers and a tribe of Sand People -- headed by a ruthless war chief -- eventually brings Obi outta hiding ... and into Jedi kickass mode. Scene.

The bulletin lists Stephen Daldry as the director -- he'd been rumored to be in talks for the film, and now it looks like he's attached. The movie's shooting in London at a well-known 'Star Wars' studio, recently used for 'The Last Jedi.' Production is set to begin next spring.

Here's the kicker (maybe) ... fans have been clamoring online for Ewan McGregor to reprise the role of (then-young, now-older) Obi, and he recently said he'd be open to it, but hadn't heard a peep from Lucasfilm ... yet.

What a synopsis.:hahaha:

Edited by DMan7

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 8:00 AM, Arlborn said:

That synopsis looks incredibly made up. Not saying it is actually made up, but it really looks that way.

Yeah, that the rumored plot is so much like Yojimbo stirs my suspicions, since we have been getting the "Obiwan Movie will be based on Yojimbo" rumors for years.

Shades of "A Fistful Of Dollars"...