CJohn

Obi-Wan Kenobi | Disney+

Kathleen Kennedy is trending on twitter in the US

Looks like Ewan shaved

update from Ewan

"It’s just slid to next year, that’s all. The scripts were really good. Now that Episode IX came out and everyone at Lucasfilm has got more time to spend on the writing, they felt they wanted more time to write the episodes." McGregor said. "I’ve read about eighty, ninety percent of what they’ve written so far, and it’s really, really good. Instead of shooting this August, they just want to start shooting in January, that's all. Nothing more dramatic than that. It often happens in projects, they just wanted to push it to next year. It will have the same release date, I don’t think it will affect the release date. They are still shooting towards having the film release when it was going to be originally."

https://www.ign.com/articles/obi-wan-kenobi-series-delay-wont-change-release-date-says-ewan-mcgregor

Edited by Ryan Reynolds

On 1/24/2020 at 6:08 PM, Daxtreme said:

Disney Star Wars and production issues - name a more iconic duo

Well, Marvel for the most part is doing pretty good under the Disney banner, so whatever the problem is, it's coming from the Star Wars unit. Hate to say it, but the fingers keep pointing to Kathleen Kennedy. She may be a good producer, but she seems to be terrible at managing an entire studio. I'm curious if they are just letting the show sit back for a while till her contract is up (as well as Bob Iger's) and then they will let production resume when new people are brought in. Rumors are that Favreau is in talks with taking over, and at the moment, I won't reject the idea.

11 hours ago, Marek the Jedi said:

so now it is delayed D+ TV series with fewer episodes, or they are going back for movie?? hmm

I am in! if they can do a MOVIE ;) but as I love The Mandaloriam I will be happy with series too ;)

Marek

I'm not sure what is going on. Maybe they aren't getting the box office results they were hoping for with this last Star Wars films and they are getting cold feet in moving forward with the Obi Wan show. 

7 hours ago, Warhorse said:

I'm not sure what is going on. Maybe they aren't getting the box office results they were hoping for with this last Star Wars films and they are getting cold feet in moving forward with the Obi Wan show. 

I don't see where you got possibly connect the two things. The box office result couldn't be less relevant. They just had the release of the highly successful The Mandalorian, and Obi Wan is eagerly anticipated by fans, the outcome of IX couldn't have less to do with this. if anything, the sucess of The Mandalorian would accelerate this project.

The only idea that might be somewhat plausible, is that their original movie for 2022 isn't happening, and now they are considering turning the Obi Wan show back into a movie again to fill that slot. Otherwise everything just points at a regular delay that happens because they aren't quite happy with where they were at that point in time.

And why anyone would even bother to post the drivel that comes out of Grace Randolph's mouth every day is beyond me. She is the definition of flinging mud at a wall in the hope that some of it sticks.

Edited by George Parr
  • Like 1