That One Girl

Weak-end Thread | Hitman's Bodyguard 21.6M; Annabelle 15.5M; Logan Lucky 8M; Dunkirk 6.7M | Wonder Woman beats Spider-Man and is now at 404M

1 hour ago, Rumpot said:

7pm - 110 to 168/262 at start (I accidentally said this theater was 163 seats previously but it is 262)

9:45pm*- 45 to 92 currently, will update further

*Sorry said 935 before

Of note since this theater only has the one screen with  $20.59 seats I am seeing good spillover into other local theaters with regular seats (haven't tallied numbers, just observation)

9:45pm from 92 at 7pm to 165 at showtime.

*$9,448.08 Total ticket sales for HMB at Tyson's Corner Mclean today on one Dolby screen

The hitman's Bodyguard is easily the best time I've had at the theater this summer. Absolutely hysterical and Samuel Jackson and Ryan Reynolds chemistry is off the charts. Salma Hayek was freaking hilarious. Sold-out crowd seemed to like it immensely as there was lots of laughing throughout. I think it's going to have good legs.

It's definitely a true crowd-pleaser. And it's definitely the funniest film I've seen this summer.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Greatest Heist film... Heat.

Logan Lucky is a big loss. It's too bad really. Soderbergh tried to do something different, and it failed miserably. They held most marketing until final 3 weeks and then focused on more rural markets. Interesting ideas, but I really think the movie itself didnt connect with audiences. On paper it looked great, but the trailers seemed a little flaccid. The release date was terrible. But I think all the forces working against Logan would be mute if the film had a good hook to it that grabbed a mass audience. The only hook I saw was Daniel Craig's accent.

1 minute ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

The hitman's Bodyguard is easily the best time I've had at the theater this summer. Absolutely hysterical and Samuel Jackson and Ryan Reynolds chemistry is off the charts. Salma Hayek was freaking hilarious. Sold-out crowd seemed to like it immensely as there was lots of laughing throughout. I think it's going to have good legs.

It's definitely a true crowd-pleaser. And it's definitely the funniest film I've seen this summer.

afb929e47435fe6195153c0cea7205f0.gif

• Like 1