That One Girl

Weak-end Thread | Hitman's Bodyguard 21.6M; Annabelle 15.5M; Logan Lucky 8M; Dunkirk 6.7M | Wonder Woman beats Spider-Man and is now at 404M

DT was 1.8 Previews / 7.72 OD / 19.15 OW

So far HB seems to be 1.65 Previews / 7.5-7.75 OD

I think Sunday holds are getting progressively worse now on. So HB could do better on Sat (DT was -12.7% from OD) but worse on Sunday (DT was -30.5%).

19-21 looks like it. Was hoping for 23+ ow but this is not bad considering it has little competition till IT. Could do 3x. Prod budget is only 29.

9 minutes ago, a2knet said:

I think Sunday holds are getting progressively worse now on. So HB could do better on Sat (DT was -12.7% from OD) but worse on Sunday (DT was -30.5%).

19-21 looks like it. Was hoping for 23+ ow but this is not bad considering it has little competition till IT. Could do 3x. Prod budget is only 29.

Only one weekend left (after this one) till Sunday's can go back to normal :ph34r:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aabattery said:

It will be great, as all heist movies are. Shame Soderbergh isn't at the helm though.

Soderbergh and Gary Ross are super big buddies, he s involved a bit I think.

15 minutes ago, a2knet said:

I have been doing War Dogs comparison.

War Dogs

1.25 OD / 5.5 OD/ 14.69 OW/ 36.61 total after Labor Day

Hitman's Bodyguard

1.65 previews / 7.26 OD / 19.39 weekend / 48.33 total after Labor Day

Edited by Matrix4You

20 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

All the Oceans talk, wonder what the reaction is to Oceans Eight. 

That has some cast. I think the dom prospects are great and should do big in Europe also. Hope it somehow manages to exploit other global markets without compromising the movie. I was wondering how it could do in China - At least NYSM2 did very well. O8-10 could be yet another winning franchise for WB.

3 hours ago, a2knet said:

THE TOWN, ARGO, INCEPTION are my favorite heist/caper films in recent times. Haven't watched BD.

btw, not to piss on Ocean's, I know folks love it and I also like it. But feel it's a bit over-rated. I thought ITALIAN JOB > O11.

A shame they never made the sequel. It was scheduled on Imdb for years

I remember it listed for 2009 and thinking that was long off. Time flies

Edited by POTUS
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

A bunch of these casuals never seen it. Half of these movies mentioned barely qualify under classic heist standards. 

How many casuals on here, have even seen or heard of something like Rififi. Not very many I imagine. Might be time for some people to broaden their horizons, ha.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

I just hope Rihanna doesn't tank Ocean's 8 like she did Battleship and Valerian. She's a bad omen. 

The white male leads tanked those films. But yes blame the black woman who wasn't the female lead in either of those films. 

• Like 1

Looking Under ‘Logan Lucky’s Hood As ‘Hitman’s Bodyguard’ Stands Tall With $21M Opening – Saturday AM Update

Deadline update

http://deadline.com/2017/08/channing-tatum-ryan-reynolds-weekend-box-office-hitmans-bodyguard-logan-lucky-annabelle-creation-1202151679/

... However, the bigger kid on the block, Lionsgate, has bragging rights this weekend with Ryan Reynolds-Samuel L. Jackson’s Midnight Run-like comedy The Hitman’s Bodyguard hitting No. 1 with an estimated $21M opening at 3,377 venues, a figure that outstrips the starts of other recent action titles, The Dark Tower ($19.1M) and Atomic Blonde ($18.3M). Hitman easily zooms ahead of Steven Soderbergh’s Channing Tatum-Daniel Craig ensemble heist movie Logan Lucky which is running out of gas in third with $7.2M at 3,031 theaters....

Edited by Finnick
  • Like 6

18 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I wish they wouldn't post numbers without Friday estimates. Will wait for the chart. 21 mil would be very good.

Would be hilarious if Deadline starts giving the dom estimates directly in their Friday column.

"Stronger than expected evening business compared to matinees show Hitman's Bodyguard now targeting 65m dom, up from our initial 60m projection...CHART TO FOLLOW...."

• Haha 2